CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Morning Star

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara vaguely heard voices surrounding her while a small groan left her lips. She slowly felt her eyes fluttering open before she immediately closed them once more,  from the bright lights shining over at her.

"Elara." Alec yelled as he pulled the girl into his lap, watching as she  opened her eyes to gaze up at him, raising her hand up to his cheek.

"Lydia, go to Lydia." She whispered before sending him a small smile as he turned his head to see Lydia laying there, Magnus crouching down beside her.

"She's alive." Magnus sighed out in relief, checking her pulse.

"It was Hodge." Muttered Elara as she noticed Alec look back down towards her, confusion running over his features before he realized what the girl was implying. "I told Jace so, tell him that." She weakly chuckled before feeling her eyes close again, falling unconscious.

𓂃✩𓂃

"How are they?" Clary asked, looking over at Alec as he walked towards them. She of course felt bad for Lydia but she was ten times more worried about Elara, she was her best friend.

"Better." Replied Alec  "Magnus is doing what he can to help them, but it's bad, and the Cup is definitely missing." He paused, looking over at Jace who looked worried and angry "You can't go and see her yet, Jace."

Jace nodded and took a deep breath while tears welled up in his eyes. The angelic boy wanted nothing more than to be beside his girlfriend, to hold her hand and tell her she'd be okay.

"So is hodge." Jace said after a few seconds, wiping his eyes quickly while Referring to the man who disappeared on them.

"Maybe he was attacked, too." Isabelle responded, clicking away at the computer, looking for the security video of what happened.

"Maybe he was the one to attack them." Clary suggested.

"Hodge?" Isabelle turned to look at her in shock "No way, we've known him our entire lives, he would never do that to us."

They all turned and watched the screen and before they knew it they spotted Lydia and Elara walk in on the video, laughing about something.

Everything seemed fine until they saw Elara get thrown into the wall by Hodge making Clary gasp. Hodge soon walked over to Lydia and knocked her out, picking up the cup before walking back over to Elara who seemed to say something to him before he bashed her head against the wall, knocking her out also.

"Oh my god." Clary gasped again, placing her hand over her mouth. "Elara was right."

Clary looked over at Jace who had tears in his eyes, the camera was still zoomed in on Elara laying lifelessly on the floor. His fist clenching together tightly by his side.