Road Trip

After going to sleep on the floor, I kept on turning throughout the night and I also kept waking up.

The time I was fully awake is when I heard my door open.

"Ever heard of a thing called privacy" I say tiredly as I turn towards the door to see who opened it.

"I think Hope is trying to ditch school" Alaric says.

"Why don't you let her, this place sucks anyways" I say as I sink into my pillow.

"Ethan, I'm serious" Alaric says and I get up from the floor.

"Okay, just give me a few minutes to get ready" I say as I walk towards my bathroom.

He nods at me and leaves the room.

After I'm done getting ready, I meet Ric in his office.

We both walk towards the front door of the school of see Hope trying to leave.

"Going somewhere? Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?" Ric says to Hope.

"Um, you know, I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering." Hope says as she turns around to look at us.

"At 3:00 a.m.?" I ask her with a sigh

"Hope, you don't have a driver's license. You were gonna commit grand theft auto, which is a felony. You're ditching school right before the midterm exams begin, and you've made it very clear to me that you see me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you this very second?" Ric says with a tiny bit of rage.

Hope lifts up her hand and shows us a bracelet that is glowing.

"And what is that?" Ric asks confused

"It's basically a supernatural compass." I explain to Ric

"Well, I hope it's pointing you to your room 'cause that's where you're going." Ric says to Hope

"I'm going after Landon. If this thing is glowing, that means that he's in trouble." Hope says worried.

"I had to wake up for the mop head. Are you kidding me?" I say annoyed that Hope still cares about that dimwit

"Then we're going, and I'm driving." Ric says to me and Hope, completely ignoring my statement.

"First of all I'm driving and atleast I will get to give Landon what he deserves... A slow painful death" I say with a smirk.

"Alright then, let's go" Alaric says trying to lighten the mood.

"You're not going anywhere without us" Skylar says from behind us.

I turn around to see Skylar, Adam, Bree and Chase walking up to us.

"Skylar, please take them back to their rooms. This is dangerous" I say to concerned.

"Oh no, their not going anywhere and neither am I" She says smirking at me.

"You're so stubborn" I say sighing into my hand.

"I thought thats what you liked about me" She says looking at me with a smirk still on her lips.

"Oh this is gonna be a long day" I say already tired

Since so many people were coming with us on this road trip, I told Alaric that he can use one of my cars or vans.

Once they chose the car, they all took their seats.

Alaric sat in the front passenger seat, I was driving and Skyler, Bree and Hope sat in the middle seats while Adam and Chase sat in the back to plan some pranks probably.

Once we all sit in our seats, I start driving.

A few minutes after we left the school Adam starts to get bored.

"Guys, I have an idea" Adam says.

We all turn to look at him asking him to continue.

"Carpool karaoke" He says excitedly

Everyone groans annoyed and Adam frowns to himself and looks down.

"Hey, I think that we should do some karaoke" I say looking at Adam.

He looks up at me and smiles widely.

"Why do we have to do this again?" Chase asks

"Because im driving and I have control over the music" I say as I toss my phone to Adam.

"Each of us will get a turn to play a song of our choice" I say as I focus on the road again.

"Are you even gonna sing?" Hope asks me

"Of course not Love, I've got to keep my eyes on the road" I say looking at the road.

Hope places her head on the headrest and sigh, not wanting to sing.

"Hit it" Bree says playing air drums.

After a few songs, it's Skylar's turn to play a song.

"I think that, only me and Ethan should sing this song" Skylar says.

"Skylar, I can't sing while driving" I try to reason with her.

"Come on, we all know that you have inhanced focus, so you can sing at the very least" Skylar says poking her head out to look at me.

"Fine" I say annoyed a bit.

"Okay, let me just choose the song" She says looking through songs.

"Found it" She says as she puts the phone down and starts smiling.

"What song is it? " I ask her curiously

"You'll see" She says as she hits play.

The beat of the song starts playing and I already know what song it is.

"I love it when you call me senorita
I wish I could pretend I didn't meet ya.
But every touch is oh la-la-la
Its true, la-la-la
Ooh, I should be running
Ooh, you keep me coming for ya." Skylar sings while looking at me driving.

Got to admit, her voice sounds even better than how it did before, guess all the free time she had in Hell, really paid off.

Then its my turn.

"Land in Miami
The air was hot from summer rain
Sweat dripping off me
Before I even knew her name, la-la-la
It felt like ooh, la-la-la
Yeah, no" I sing as I turn around and see Hope staring at me while smiling a bit but she instantly looks away after I looked at her.

"Sapphire moonlight
We danced for hours in the sand
Tequila sunrise
Her body fit right in my hands, la-la-la
It felt like ooh, la-la-la, yeah" I continue singing while keeping my eyes on the road and one hand on the steering wheel.