Where The Hell Am I?

"Okay, but seriously now where is Alaric?" Ethan asks Hope as he pulls away from her.

"His probably at the school. Where he normally is" Hope states looking at Ethan with a smile as she leans in to kiss him again but Ethan backs up.

"What do you mean. What about the mission to rescue muppet baby?" Ethan asks not understanding what's going on.

"Who? " Hope says with a confused look on her face as she tries to figure out who that is.

"Landon, you know the short guy with the mop on his head" Ethan says with an uneasy tone as he knew Hope and Landon were not the best of friends but surely she'd remember him.

"Oh you mean that guy who works down at the Mystic Grill?" Hope asks Ethan trying to figure out what he's getting at.

At this point Ethan knows something is up and puts a good amount of distance between him and Hope.

"Wait, a minute. Where am I?" Ethan asks Hope in a nervous manner.

"In New Orleans, silly" Hope says in a playful tone trying to lighten the mood.

"No, that can't be. You were in Mystic Falls" Ethan says slowly starting to panic as he looks around at his surroundings.

"Yeah, I was but since it's winter break I get to be home with my family" Hope says in a cheery voice which Ethan finds strange as when Hope normally talked about her family her voice would crack and she would choke up.

"You mean with your Aunt Rebekah and Freya" Ethan asks in a suspicious tone.

"Yeah, with them, my Mum, my Dad, Uncle Elijah and Kol cause Aunt Rebekah wanted us to all get together to do a wish burning ceremony. She says it's tradition." Hope says with a wide smile on display but when she looks at Ethans face her smile fades as he looks in disbelief.

"Are you messing with me right now?" Ethan says as he looks around to try to catch anyone trying to play a prank on him.

"What, why would you think that?" Hope asks him with a confused and irritated tone.

"Because Klaus Mikaelson is dead!" Ethan exclaims loudly showing his frustration that Hope would lie to him.

"So is Elijah and Hayley, they died years ago" Ethan says however in a much lower tone.

"What no, they're alive you've met them yourself" Hope says while trying ti reach out and touch Ethans hand but he backed away and opened the car door to walk out.

He stepped out of the vehicle with Hope following close on his tail.

"What the hell is your problem?" Hope exclaims loudly as she chases after him.

"The problem I have Love is that I don't believe you and call be paranoid but I know for a fact that Niklaus and Hayley are not alive" Ethan says as he spins around on his heel to face Hope.

"Did you hurt your head during your fight or something?" Hope asks him genuinely curious as she walks closer to him.

"What? No I didn't hit my head and what fight and you talking about?" Ethan asks Hope with his eyes narrowed towards her.

"I don't know what fight. I found you lying in the middle of the street unmoving so I figured that you got into a fight with someone and lost" Hope explains to him while Ethan just stands frustrated as he looks at her.

"Why would I fight anyone and even if I did why in hell would I lose?" Ethan exclaims now beyond confused and angry.

"Because you're human, Ethan! " Hope exclaims loudly with a frustrated sigh as she rubs her face with her hands.

Ethan takes a moment to process her words and stands in shock but recomposes himself quickly. "And how would you know that?" Ethan asks her in a much lower voice.

"Because I'm your best friend Ethan and I always have been. I know you better than anyone and I've seen you do this before. Whenever you're anxious or nervous about something you go out and pick a fight with people because in your own words you said that it helps you take your mind off things" Hope says growing tired of Ethan and all his questions while Ethan just stands still in shock and does not respond.

"Come back with me to the compound for dinner like we planned and maybe then you'll believe me" Hope says in a much softer voice as she walks up towards Ethan and grabs his hand.

Ethan nods slowly feeling as though the world is spinning.