chapter sixteen

third person pov

it was the next morning and it was the day of emma's party.

y/n stepped out of her room and walked downstairs to be greeted with the sight of jamie, martha, and emma all scrambling around the house preparing for the party.

the party was gonna be at their house since it was big and spacious.

they were even renting a stage for the 4 town boys to perform on. they were gonna put it in the backyard because the backyard is so huge.

"y/n, it would be nice if you helped us prepare honey!" jamie said carrying multiple boxes full of party supplies.

he stumbled as he couldn't even see what was in front of him and dropped a box that was on top of the stack he was carrying.

emma saw this and was not happy.

"dad! be careful with my stuff! if a single thing is out of place i will lose my mind!" emma yelled before she stormed off to go prepare something.

y/n rushed over to her dad.

yes she was still mad at him but she didn't want him to have to carry all of those heavy boxes by himself.

y/n grabbed the box that dropped on the floor and also took some boxes from her dad so he could at least see in front of him.

"thanks kiddo." jamie smiled at y/n.

'maybe this means she isn't mad at me anymore!" jamie thought as y/n and him carried the boxes to the island in the kitchen.

emma came back in the room and seeing y/n touching her party supplies made her angry but emma decided to not say anything for once because she didn't want to have to carry any of the heavy boxes.

"um dad can i maybe have a word with you over here?" emma said fake smiling at jamie.

"of course honey." jamie said before going with emma.

"is there any chance y/n can go with you and mom for my party?" emma asked.

jamie paused. he was shocked. why wouldn't emma want her own sister at her 18th birthday party?
(btw martha and jamie are leaving the house for emma's party so they'll be at a hotel or something)

"what do you mean emma? of course she's gonna be at your party she's your sister. and i don't think she'd want to come with your mother and i anyway." jamie tried to reason with emma.

"but she's going to ruin the night for me dad!" emma raised her voice.

"she's staying emma. that's final." jamie finally put his foot down.

emma gasped in shock. jamie never really told no her before.

"but it's MY birthday and MY party! if i don't want her there that's MY choice!" emma said as she began to grow angry.

"i know it is emma and i know you and your sister have been butting heads a lot more recently but if she really bothers you that much just ignore her." jamie sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"ugh!" emma said loudly before turning and storming off.

jamie sighed before going to unpack the boxes of decorations.

                      ᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ: ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

y/n's pov

"goodbye have fun! and happy birthday sweetie i love you so much!" martha said as she hugged emma.