Chapter 15 pain

Pain.

That was the first thing I felt upon waking up.
My whole body hurts, from my head down to my legs.
I was feverish and sweating heavily.
My head throbbed painfully and my stomach churned with discomfort and pain. My whole body was in a lot of pain and I felt weak and powerless. Like all the strength had been drained from me, leaving me almost completely lifeless.
My throat was sore and my mouth filled with saliva. I couldn't swallow because it would take all the strength I had left.
And even that was being drained by the second.
I felt like throwing up my insides over and over again.
I felt absolutely sick.

Knock, knock

Oh no...

Someone was at the door and I couldn't move to hide Freddy if they decided to come in.
Although I warned my siblings not to come in without my permission, they never listened.

"Jack, breakfast is served." It was koichi at the door.

"I'm... not hungry,'' I said, voice raspy and strained.
I was too weak to speak clearly.

"What's the matter with your voice?" He asks.

I run my tongue across my dry lips shutting my eyes in pain.
My throat hurt when I swallowed.
My mouth tasted horrible and I had no desire to eat anything.
"I'm not hungry." I repeated, clearer this time, though my voice was a rasp.

"Ok.. something is definitely wrong with your voice. Are you sick?" He asks, and I saw the door knob twisting to open.
I quickly looked over to freddy, who was still sleeping and quite visible for anyone to see.
I pulled the quilt over his head with all the strength I could muster then gently pull him closer to my side.

The door creaked open and koichi stood there, with a hesitant look, probably preparing for me to scold him for invading my Chambers without my permission.

"Oh my..." he looked me over with horror.
"You look ghastly pale!"

"I'm fine," I mumbled but as soon as I said that I started to cough and gag.
I felt like throwing up so I leaned over the bed side and threw up my insides.

"Ahh! I'm gonna call Dracula, you're ill!" Kody rushes off and I immediately started panicking.
My mouth tasted disgusting from whatever I ate.
But even so, my stomach was starting to feel a bit better.
I sat back up and wiped my lips, grimacing at the gross taste of vomit still on my tongue.
Then my thoughts were back to Dracula.
He'll be here any minute so I have to hide Freddy and fast!
I wrapped Freddy up in his blanket and carefully slid from the bed, my legs were weak and I nearly fell down but I managed to stay balanced and carried Freddy to my walk in closet.
I set him down his basket, the action instantly wakes him up and he stats to stir in confusion.
"Mm, papa... papa!" He whines clutching my hands tightly.
"Ahh!" He cries struggling frantically.
I released his tight grip on my hand and pushes him down in the basket, a little too roughly, but I couldn't be gentle when my brother was coming.
"Shush Freddy, I can't have you out there for everyone to see, so please be quiet and don't make a sound, please do this for daddy okay?" I pleaded.
Freddy pursed his lips and stared up at me with big blue eyes.
"Okay.. I no say boo, okay dada." He smiles showing dimples and a little tooth.
I smiled back, despite my depressing state he still made me happy.
"Okay, I have to go now baby boy, stay quiet." I stepped back and closed the door.
Just then my bedroom door swung open to Dracula and the rest of my siblings.
He stormed over to me causing me to step back from fear.
He grabs my arm and brought it up to his nose, inhaling my scent.
I tried to pull my hand back but he clutched it tightly.
"Why didn't you tell me you were sick?" He asks, releasing my hand and grabbing my shoulder roughly pulling me over to the bed.
"Leave me alone!" I screamed trying to pull out of his grasp but I was feeling too weak and powerless to do so.
He gets angry and lifts me up and threw me onto the bed.
I nearly bounced off from the force of his strength.
"Quit being so childish, jack, I don't have time for your impudence, you are sick and you failed to tell me because your angry and stubborn." He glared down at me and I glared back.
I wouldn't tell him I was dying even if the pain was too much, he doesn't deserve to know anything about me.
He already knows my life until now, why can't I keep a single secret without him butting in and being so fucking nosy!
"It's none of your business!" I snapped getting him even more angry, if that was possible.
He grabbed me by my ankle and dragged me towards him, wrapping his other hand around my throat and brining me to face him.
"Everything that involves you is my business," he growls making me shiver.
I have never seen him this angry before.
It scares me more than I care to admit.