Chapter 25 Wants

Last night I hardly slept. I wanted to stay and keep a close eye on jack, just to make sure that he was safe. But after that fleeting heat I just experience when I was in the shower with him, I decided against it. Guilt was eating away at my mind, my stomach is in knots. I’m up at four in the morning, wide awake and exhausted. I slept in vincents chambers, rather that in my coffin. I hoped jack wouldn't mention what happened last night to anyone. The last thing I needed was for them to know that I'm drawn to him. Not now, not ever. I'll keep it a secret until he found someone, and the bond broke.
    I drop the newspaper down on the  kitchen table where Vincent is having his morning coffee. He’s been making breakfast, and the room smells of cinnamon.
"What do you think I should you? How could I possibly explain what happened last night to him," I said, sighing.
He looks up from the book he was reading.
"Maybe you should just tell him," he suggest.
"I think I will." I stared at him hard, crossing my arms.
   His brow raised.
    " Really? "
I snorted." No, that was sarcasm. I'm not fucking telling him shit. In case you forgot, jack hates my guts. This little incident will only fuel his hatred towards me, I can't go running off to him telling him how I've been drawn to him since forever."
    Vincent pursed his lips, nodding.
" Right, sorry. It's just that, well, you've kept this hidden from him for so long, how you truly fe-
    "I'm sorry, but it's going to have to stay that way. I am not telling jack a damn thing," I said sternly.
    But I was going to need a decent explaination for molesting him in the shower like that. Not that the sound of his moans weren't deliciously pleasing to hear.
   Fuck. Cut it out. If I wanted the bond to break, the best thing would be to not think about my brother in any sexual way.
   Easier said than done.
Vincent leaned back in his chair, carefully studying me.
I just realized what ever he wanted to say, it wasn't going to be good. So I changed the subject.
    "Don't you ever get tired of playing wife? Surely it must be tiring, having to feed these ungrateful brats." I grunted, downing my glass of blood.
    He eyed me, an irritated look on his face.
I glared at him. "What?"
   "You know what."
I sighed. Now I regretted telling him what happened last night. For some reason he's the one I go to just to pour out all of my troubles. Has he ever cared. Never.
    "We already talked about it. It was a fleeting heat, nothing serious." I shrugged.
He glared at me. "Nothing serious? Drack, you molested him! I don't know about you, but that is serious. You need to talk to him, better yet tell him! "

   ''Tell me what?"

    We both turned instantly to the voice.
Jack stood by the kitchen doorway, looking like he hadn't slept in days. Probably hasn't.
  "We weren't talking about you. Go back to your room, now."
   Jack crossed his arms. Looking as defiant as the day he was born.
    "I said tell me what? I know you were talking about me. Don't lie."
    Vincent looked to me, then back to jack, then back to me. " Ask your brother, he needs to talk with you. " Vincent gathered up his books before he was leaving the kitchen.  I groaned, internally. The last thing I wanted this morning was to face jack after what happened. I don't dare meet his gaze.
   Jack shifted by the doorway. He seemed very uncomfortable now that we were alone.
   I sighed, wanting just as bad for this to be done with as him. "Come, take a seat." I patted the chair next to me. He eyes it hesitantly, before making his way over. Baby steps at a time.
   He looked so small and precious right then. It made me realize just how much I loved him. He may hate my guts, but at least he feels a way about me instead of indifference.
    "So... What is it that you wished to talk about?" He asked quietly, fiddling with his shirt.
    I looked to the bottle of blood on the island, wanting so desperately to chug it down and forget about everything right now.   I  sighed  heavily, before turning to face him. His head was bowed, raven hair hiding his face from me.
    I reached out my hand, tucking the strands behind his ear, he flinched visibly, tensing up.
    "Relax, jack. I'm going to- I won't do anything you're not comfortable with. I just need to talk with you."
   He swallowed, gingerly meeting my gaze with timid red eyes. It looked dull, almost pink. I noticed it gets like that whenever he's highly nervous or afraid.
   Shit. How could I possibly calm him down. I am no expert at dealing with these things... That's probably why we had never got along in the first place. He's Just  so.. so emotional.
   Slowly, while trying my best not to seem threatening, i reached my hand up to his head, seeing his eyes go wide in shock and confusion. I tried softening my expression, and not frown, but look more cordial.
   It seemed to work, because he visibly relaxed, the tension leaving his shoulders.
I took it as a good sign, resting my hand on his head. He leaned into my hand, eyes fluttering close.
   I was surprised that I even got him to relax. He'd usually be on edge in my presence, as though he were afraid to let his guard down around me.
   "Are you ready to talk?" I asked quietly, while stroking his hair. He hummed softly, then nods.
    "Let's start with what happened last night, then." H stiffened, drawing back slightly. The look on his face was uncertainty, and something else, but it was gone before I had time to figure it out.
    " I-it's fine. I understand." He said, averting his gaze.
    I frowned. "You understand?"
He nods, shifting a bit. "Yeah... I mean, uhm... I know that you get in heat sometimes.. and it just so happens that I was there. But don't worry, It wasn't weird- I mean it was! No! I mean-what I meant to say is-
    "Slow down, jack, breath." I caressed his cheeks softly, as he inhales then let's it out loudly.
    "I'm sorry, I don't want to make it weird or anything... I understand that you were in heat at the time, and that I was there and well, obviously I'm appealing in anyone's eyes, even my brother apparently, " he mumbled the last part, before continuing.
    " Anyway, what I'm saying, is that we should just forget about it. I already have, and you should too. Don't make it any more embarrassing than it has to be. "
    Right.
I stared, speechless and well, a bit taken aback. I wasn't sure if that meant a good thing, or that I was angry he brushed it off so easily. Like it meant nothing, like my feelings meant nothing, my attraction towards him.
    He didn't know how much I loved him. Brat. Of course he didn't. I have sacrificed so many things for this rebellious idiot and what he do? He throws it in my face like it was worthless. Like I was worthless.
   Jack stared at me, a blank and yet placid expression on his fucking beautiful face.
   I turned away, fuming inside, yet managing to hide it underneath a calm facade.
   Fine, if jack didn't understand simple things like feelings! Then I'll just have to show him what it really is.
   I stood to my feet, nearly knocking over the chair. Jack eyes followed me, as I turned towards him.
   "Get up." I ordered.
He frowned. "Why?"
   "I said get up, now. " He shouldn't dare defy me, not now. I wasn't going to stand for this, no. If I'm going to suffer through another heat, locked up in the fucking dungeon, then he'll suffer with me.
   "What's wrong with you, drac-
I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, yanking him to his feet, he barely reached my chest."Don't try and defy me boy, " I growled. His eyes went wide in fear, before looking down at what I'm pretty certain were my fangs. The horrified look on his face says it all. He has never seen my fangs out, and I knew they were very thick and sharp. The better to sink right into his delicate white skin.
    "Don't bite me drack, please." He begged, squirming in my hand.
   I couldn't resist the evil smirk that tug at my lips." Oh, but I will. I was in heat then, now I need to feed, live. " He continues to squirm and beg, only spurring me on further.
    " Please, I'm begging you. I- you know I've never been bitten before, it's going to hurt," he pleaded, looking into my eyes.
    " Give me your hand, boy, " I demanded.
He swallowed, gingerly bringing his right hand up to me. I grabbed it, bringing it to my nose, taking a long inhale of his scent.
   It smelled like me, and him, mixed together with a hint of whatever lotion he used. My fang grazed his soft skin, making him shudder.
    " Please... Please. " He shut his eyes tightly, tiny pleas leaving his mouth.
    It was quite an amusing sight, to see him so shrunken and afraid. But I wasn't planning on biting him, he was far too young for that.
   I dropped his hand, and his eyes snapped open. I released his collar, stepping back.
   " Go back to my bedroom. I want you to stay in there until I get back. And if I hear that you've been sneaking out... " I grabbed his chin, bringing him closer.
    " You'll be punished. " I might have been imagining it, but I could have sworn I felt his body vibrate at the sound of punished.
    I let his chin go, turning and leaving.