rip derek hale

—

Much to Lydia's disgust, and Austin dismay, Ryder had been stood off in the corner of the room, cigarette placed firmly between her lips.

Scott had left, and Allison was weeping in Jackson's arms. Stiles couldn't do much but watch his best friends girlfriend get comforted by his own crush's boyfriend.

It was safe to say that Allison's constant cries and over obnoxious sobs, had sent Ryder into a frenzy. Rather than yelling at the girl, who had every right to be scared, the Miller simply separated herself from the rest to calm herself down.

Austin didn't want to call her out, and risk possibly embarrassing her, so he kept his distance while she did what she needed to do. The same couldn't be said for everyone else.

"You do know that smoking kills, right?" Jackson asked, his eyes shining with distaste as he left Allison's side to walk up to Ryder.

"Clearly not fast enough." She said, rolling her eyes at him.

"Put it out." He demanded, "You're bothering everyone here."

"Am I?" She taunts, her calm mood clearly angering the lacrosse player.

"You are." His jaw clenched as her eyes moved away from him.

"Stiles?"

"Hm." The Stilinski's head perked up, his wide auburn brown eyes locking on her own.

"Am I bothering you?"

"Not at all." His tone insisted that he was being completely honest, truly not finding a problem with Ryder minding her own.

"What about you Allison?"

The Argent's sniffles fade for a minute, her curls bouncing as he shook her head.

"Well, there you go."

Jackson suddenly smirks, his attention turning to the last two teens in the room, he knew Austin would side with her, so he focused on Lydia. The strawberry blonde was clearly out of it, not really paying much attention to anyone in the room.

"Lydia." Her head snapped in her boyfriends direction, "Aren't Ryder's devious activities bothering you?"

"No."

Her response was so simple.

Ryder could have choked in shock at the sight of Lydia going against Jackson.

Removing her cigarette from her mouth, she let the smoke fall from her lips, blowing it softly in the Whittemore's face. She looked up at him with a content smile on her face.

She could feel Stiles' eyes on her, watching with sigh as he knew she wouldn't back down to Jackson Whittemore of all people. He could only hope she would, he could tell that Jackson wanted to put his hands on her.

He's never felt so disrespected in his life. And by a girl nonetheless. He wouldn't even allow Lydia to treat him the way this girl currently was.

His body drops to the ground before he could even try to touch her.

The Miller scoffs, moving away as the others immediately went to his aid.

"No, I'm fine. Like, seriously, I'm okay." He swore, focusing his glare on the girl who loved by the door, "What'd you do to me?"

"She didn't do shit." Austin defended, stepping over him as he was still laid on the ground.

Allison rubbed his back, "That didn't sound okay at all."

Stiles squinted, walking forward, "What's on the back of your neck?"

Jackson shoved him away, "I said I'm fine."

"It's been there for days." Lydia told them, "He won't tell me what happened."

"As if you actually care." His words were harsh, Lydia stepping back in embarrassment.

"Shut up, Jackson." Ryder snapped, not daring to glance in the Martin girls direction, already knowing she was looking at her.

Stiles tried to diffuse the tension, "All right, can we not argue for half a second here?"

"Where's Scott? He should be back by now."

"I'm sure he's okay." Austin reassured the Argent, quickly picking up on how no one else was going to do it.

He didn't hold it against them. None of them truly knew of the McCall was safe or not.

Allison's prayers seemed to have been answered. The door knob moved quickly, startling Ryder, who flinches away in shock.

"Scott?!" Allison shouted, running to the door, narrowly dodging Ryder.

The others started on confusion as she continued to try and get out.

"He locked us in." Austin concluded.

Ryder frowned, Stiles catching the action. He stared at her until she looked up. His eyes questioning if she knew what was happening.

While Scott didn't trust her to know much of the supernatural world, Stiles knew that she was pretty much a scholar in the subject. He never asked her why, or how she knew. He knew he lost that opportunity years ago.

He discreetly moved around to stand next to her. It proved to be easy, as the others were too focused on Allison to notice.

"What's going on? Why did he do that?"

"He's trying not to kill us."

•••

They were out.

They had finally gotten out of the school.

Their parents were called, much to their dismay, but the teens knew it had to be done.

Scott was speaking with the Sheriff, Ryder and Austin already having done that.

The police wouldn't allow Austin to being Ryder home, despite the girls constant reassurance that it was fine.

So, sitting in the back of an ambulance, Austin by her side speaking freely about whatever came to his mind.

Her eyes were focused on his face, too enthralled at the sight to even listen to the words coming from his mouth.

"But even then, for him to lie? Especially about a dead man. I personally wouldn't do that."

"Dead man?" She whispers, the soft sound catching his attention, "Who's dead?"

"Derek." He confirmed, "Stiles said that the only reason Scott lied was because the so called 'alpha' had already killed him."

Her heart dropped.

Austin couldn't question her further, getting cut off by a loud voice echoing through the parking lot.

His eyes squint, noting the familiar head of hair that belong to his mother. His eyes trailed over and noticed Aaron walking in their direction also.

"You were supposed to come straight home!"

The two teens stares at their parents in shock. Austin pulling his mom away, giving the father daughter duo a sweet goodbye, leaving them alone.

"What the hell happened?"

"Derek's dead."

Aaron's angered expression fell as he watched the tears form in his daughters eyes.

He could only sigh, pulling the girl into a hug.

He tried his hardest to soothe the cries of his eldest daughter, his own heart pounding at the thought of what used to be his daughter's closest friend being dead.