black light party

—

After finding out that Danny's party was being held in Derek's loft, Ryder was a lot more interested than she was before.

Any opportunity to see her cousin get upset because of a bunch of kids was an opportunity worth seeing in her eyes. Austin, on the other hand, was a lot more hesitant but after seeing the excitement on her face, he had no problem walking into the loft.

His blue eyes immediately squinted as he struggled to get used to the lack of light while also trying to get used to the brightness of the LED.

"What's first?" He leaned down to speak in Ryder's ear.

"Definitely not the alcohol unless that's where you want to go?"

"No, i'm all good. Dancing?" His face scrunched at his own suggestion.

"Yeah, no." She frowned, suddenly gasping in excitement, lifting her hand, "Face painting!"

"Don't point." He brought her hand down, interlocking their fingers and pulling her in that direction. "Come on."

•••

"It just showed up there on my key ring this morning. I asked my dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it." Stiles explained as he, Scott and Kira walked into the party.

Scott shrugged, "It's just a key, right?"

"Yeah, but it's not mine. And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

"You want to leave so we can figure it out?"

Before the Stilinski could respond, a girl named Caitlin walked up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Uh..."

Caitlin smiled, "Happy Halloween!"

"It can wait. It can wait." The Stilinski spluttered out, tripping over his feet as he followed after the girl in the purple wig.

•••

They had been waiting in line for a few minutes before they actually got their chance to paint one another.

While they waited, Ryder and Austin made conversation with Allison and Isaac who were stood behind them.

"So, what are we doing?"

Ryder looked up in thought, humming softly, "Whatever appeases your mind."

"Draw a penis." Isaac snorted from behind them.

"Do not draw a penis." Allison lightly hit the Lahey's shoulder.

Austin chuckled, lifting Ryder's face by her chin, making her look directly at him so she was easier to paint.

Isaac and Allison's voices faded as the girl focused solely on his eyes, while he concentrated on making the lines on her face even.

He made short eye contact with her before he looked away with a flushed face. Her felt her cheek twitch under his palm as she smirked at the sight.

"Stop it." He whispered under his breath.

"Stop what?" She spoke lowly, wrapping her hands around his wrist to keep him from shaking.

"You're making me nervous." He admitted.

Ryder raised a brow, "Good."

"It's not good." He moved away for a bit to change the color, "It's kind of awkward. It's been exactly seven months and two weeks since we became an official couple and every little thing you do makes me nervous."

"I think it's cute. It lets me know that you're practically obsessed with me." She joked, taking the paint brush from his hand to begin her own design on his smooth skin.

While she laughed at the thought, Austin knew that she was far from wrong. He could admit that he was obsessed.

Not in a 'i'll kill anyone that looks at you' kind of obsessed, but in a 'i love you more than i love myself' kind of way.

And while Ryder freely played around with the idea, he would have no problem shouting it from the rooftops.

•••

Lydia stood off to the side, watching the party go one from afar.

Her green eyes squinted as she caught Allison and Isaac dancing a little too close to one another, "Oh! Finally."

She then looked at Stiles who had a circle formed around him as he let his limbs fly around loosely, "Awkwardly."

Her eyes rolled as she spotted Aiden surrounded by girls, "Predictably."

The Martin girl's eyes then traveled to Ryder and Austin. The Miller girl happily painting her boyfriends face, while he looked deeply into her eyes. She hummed softly,

"Cutely."

•••

Ryder pushed past people until she ended up in a random hall. While she has been to Derek's loft at least four times, she never actually stayed long enough for her to need the bathroom, so she had zero clue where the room was.

She nearly sighed in relief as she took the chance to open a random door and found a bland bathroom behind it.

After relieving herself, she washed her hands and walked out, stopping at the sight of a group of masked men if front of her.

Before she could even attempt to escape, she found herself being held back by someone behind her before the 'leader' of them held a hand against her face, tapping a finger behind her ear.

Her body tensed up before she collapsed to the ground, shivering as her eyes filled with tears.

•••

"Get out!" Derek shouted, startling the teens that he hadn't known.

Austin shuffled past everyone in search for Ryder, his brows furrow as realized she was nowhere in sight. She had left him a couple minutes ago to use the bathroom but she hadn't come back.

"Where's Ryder?" He looked around, his eyes looking on Kira, who began to look around for her at his question. It seemed like she was the only one that hears him speak.

"Oh, God." The Yukimura mumbled, her eyes trained in front of her.

Austin could feel his throat close up at the sight of Ryder laying limply in Isaac's arms.

"What the hell happened?" Derek snapped, his green eyes softening a bit at his cousin's fragile state.

Isaac didn't respond but his glance towards Allison didn't go unnoticed by Austin. The George teen didn't question anything, only taking his girlfriend from Isaac's arms, moving to sit on Derek's window sill.

Suddenly, a black cloud appears in the room, fading away to show a group of men in black surrounding them.

Isaac, Derek and Scott got into their fighting positions.

"Guys, they're all looking at me. Why are they all looking at me? Guys?" Aiden backed up in fear,

"Somebody do something!" Allison shouted.

No one moved as the sun peaked through, the men disappearing right before their eyes.

"What the hell were those things?"

Scott's question was left unanswered as Isaac turned to Allison,

"Your dad's 24 hours are up."

A/N: i love reading about mafia romance. sue me 🙄
ALSO i never realized how long S3 is