near death experience

—

Running towards the exit, Ryder gasps as she finds herself being forced back, silently thanking that Isaac kept her up.

"Hey, um, so we kind of lost Jackson inside, but it's—" Stiles cuts himself off in excitement, tapping Austin's shoulder happily, "oh, my God. It's working. Oh, this is - We did something."

The teen didn't respond, simply staring down at the black line with narrowed eyes, glancing up at his girlfriend who looked at him with pursed lips, dimples showing as she shrugged her shoulders loosely.

A pained howl catches their attention, the werewolves snapping their heads towards the sound.

"Is that Scott?" Ryder asked no one in particular.

Stiles frowns, "What?"

"It's Scott." Derek confirms, turning to the humans on his left, "Break it."

"What? No way." Stiles denied.

Derek clenched his jaw, not wanting to argue, "Scott's dying!"

"Okay, what? How do you know that?"

"Oh, my God, Stiles, I just know! Break it!"

As soon as she heard this, Ryder found herself subconsciously worrying about the teen, hardly giving any of them a look before she ran off in the direction of Scott's voice.

"I— Wait, Ryder!" Austin shouted, stepping over the barrier to chase after the girl unknowingly breaking it in the process.

"Scott?!"

Her heart pounded as she entered the room, almost immediately collapsing at the smell of what she figured was wolfsbane. She could feel her lungs practically close as she spotted Allison's mother standing above Scott's nearly unconscious body.

"Ryder.." The McCall breathes out, almost in relief as he saw her.

She blinks harshly, clearing her vision just in time to shove Victoria's arm out of her face. The woman letting out a strangled cry as the girl got up to her feet, pushing her further away from Scott.

She could hear him wheeze out her name, but she hardly payed any attention to that. She noticed the machine the woman was using to bring them down, knocking it over with force before she saw Derek by the door. Once more, she shoved Victoria as hard as her body would let her, passing her off to the Hale, who waited impatiently for her to make it to him.