no too

—

Walking hand in hand towards the pack, Austin and Ryder kept quiet as Lydia spoke up,

"Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?"

Scott sighed, "We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter."

"Actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter." Isaac corrected him.

"Okay, smart ass." Austin mumbled, leaning down to rest his chin on Ryder's head.

The girl had been feeling ten times better since her turning in the locker room. Not once had she been hostile towards anyone. She even put her pride aside and thanked Lydia for helping her out.

Austin practically praised her for being able to fight through the effects of them dying for their parents. It seemed like she was the first to do so. Scott was still struggling, Stiles couldn't read currently and Allison hadn't really kept anyone up to date with what was going on with her. But based on the last conversation about her, the Argent wasn't doing too well.

It made the George teen happy to know that he and Ryder could communicate through their issues, giving the other a chance to understand the reasoning behind one's behavior.

Their sophomore selves were a lot more closed off despite how close they got in such a small amount of time. The Ryder that met Austin wouldn't have even thought they would have ended up together.

Austin was the same.

The only difference was that Austin was sure Ryder was far too perfect for him. Of course, she had her flaws, but to Austin, her flaws were best features.

Aside from her smoking habit. He could admit that he was glad she'd grown out of it. What he didn't know, however, was that he was the cause of that.

Even if he would bring up how it effected her health, Ryder knew there was more behind the reasoning for him not wanting her to smoke. So she stopped for both of them.

"And again with the not helping."

Scott looked at Allison, "Did you bring it?"

The girl nodded, showing her tranquilizer gun and the xylazime deaton gave them.

"How are we doing this?"

"We're splitting off into pairs, Scott by himself if that obvious enough for you." Stiles sassed the Lahey.

"Whatever." Isaac rolled his eyes.

"So Isaac and Allison, Me and Lydia, and Austin and Ry go—"

"Don't call me that."

"But you—We're not going this again." Stiles warned Ryder.

The girl grabbed her boyfriend's hand off her stomach, dragging him a random direction, "So don't."