taking notes

—

A lot had happened in the last twenty four hours.

Ryder was now a beta werewolf, Lydia had been found, Isaac Lahey had lost his father. To add on to that mess, Allison's entire bloodline had made their way back to Beacon Hills to kill any and all werewolves, including the innocent ones.

This only worried Ryder's family, the group being fearful for both their lives along with any other supernaturals out there. This was part of the reason why Aaron didn't want either of their kids going to school, but Josie didn't share Ryder's last name and she was far from supernatural, so she was in the clear.

The same couldn't be said for Ryder. Her last name being a dead giveaway and on top of her just turning last night.

Lastly, Austin hadn't spoken to Ryder since 10pm Monday night when she turned.

It wasn't because of personal reasons, he had actually been trying to get ahold of the girl since he left her house that night, but she refused to answer both his calls and texts. That was partly his fault, he should have known that she wouldn't respond. But he could also assume that her mom was 'training' her.

The girl was embarrassed, she was scared, she didn't want to risk getting angry for no reason and end up lashing out on him.

Her dad had proposed the idea that she should stay now and learn how to control herself. However, Romona being the expert she is, had said that she wouldn't learn if she didn't challenge herself to go out in public.

And what better place to test your patience than a high school full of nosy and annoying students?

•••

"You really don't remember anything?"Allison asked Lydia as the two were walking into the school.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying 'We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days.' But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds." The Martin explains, a content look making its way onto her face.

Allison smiled at her friend, "Are you ready for this?"

Lydia scoffs, "Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

Allison watches the girl walk away, her smile falling.

"The nine pounds must have went to her head." She heard from behind her.

Turning, she smiled appreciatively at Austin, the teen having heard their entire conversation.

"One can only hope."

"Hey, have you seen Ryder?"

"No." She shook her head, "Sorry, we just got here."