↳ 𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔣

REQUESTED anonymously on tumblr!

𝙒𝙊𝙍𝘿 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙏 ; 866

imagine no. twenty-two !

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔱 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'

𝘼/𝙉 ; hooray!

𝙎𝙐𝙈𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙔 ; request!

CW ; verbal argument, happy ending

❝𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔣❞

walking into matts room, you sit on the edge of the bed behind him. he just got back from filming a personal video, and is already editing the recordings for it.

you were hanging out with chris in his room when matt got home, and he didnt even let you know he was back. which you will admit, it stung a little. you only found out that he was home when you looked out a window, finding the mini van parked out in the driveway.

"hey," you say, watching him replay the same 5 seconds of the video.

"hey," he mutters, repeating your greeting. but not turning around to give you even a sliver of his attention.

you easily frown, "you didnt tell me you were back," finding that he isnt going to respond, you continue. "you were gone for like three hours, i missed you." you let your light words trail off into the slightly too cold room.

"yeah, sorry. i forgot." his voice is low, and almost like theres a slight bite too it.

"oh," you sigh, tucking your knees up to your chest. still not taking your eyes off the back of his head. "well how was your day? i didnt see much of you since we woke up."

he sighs, a tinge of annoyance lacing his voice. "fine."

you pause before continuing. he clearly put a wall up, and youre just trying to find some sort of crack in the bricks. "what did you do, other than film a video of course." you laugh lightly to yourself.

"god, are you fucking tone deaf?!" he groans, spinning around in his chair to look at you for the first time. his expression is overridden with panic. "clearly i dont feel like talking right now."

his words take you aback. your eyes search his as he processes that he just snapped at you.

"oh . . ." you whisper. your voice fading into a void of nothing. the only sound you hear is the faint whirring of the ceiling fan overhead. "ill give you some space then."

"hey, no- honey . . ."

"no, its fine, matt." you frown, standing up and grabbing your shoes before walking out of the bedroom.

shutting the door, you stop and stand there for several seconds. letting his harsh words wash over you before walking over to the couch and putting your shoes on. matts never snapped at you like this before. he'd always been careful with his words when he was mad or stressed out.

grabbing your car keys, you don't know where your headed, or for how long. you just know you want to go.

. . .

eventually, you pull back into your driveway. you had just drove around and listened to music for a few hours, but you knew you had to come home.

finally glancing at the time sitting on your dash in a glowing shade of blue, you find it to be just after two am. with a sigh, you shut off the engine. getting out of the car to be hit by the cool, autumn air.

walking up the ever so familiar steps from your driveway to your door, you slow your pace down when you see the silhouette of someone sitting on the front porch. once they notice you, they stand up; taking a cautious step in your direction.

"y/n?" matts voice rings out to you. a slight hurt in his tone as he mutters your name.

"what are you doing out here?" you sigh, stepping around him to get to the front door.

"you know i couldnt fall asleep until i knew you were safe." his voice is sad and low as he mumbles the words out to you.

"well im safe, so go to sleep, matt." you snap. instantly regretting it, but you don't let your expression falter under the the dim glow of the dying porch light.

"baby, can we talk? please?" he pleads, running his hands down his face. "i feel awful for yelling at you earlier."

you stay silent. darting your eyes across his disheveled face as you wait for him to go on.

"i just - i feel stupid." he whispers, trying hard to not let tears fall. "i shouldve communicated to you that i was stressed out. but i didnt, and i let myself snap at you."

"matt . . ." you frown.

"im sorry, baby. i really am. and i understand if you still want some space and time to yourself, but i wont be able to fall asleep until you know how sorry i am.

"just please dont go to bed upset with me. i love you too much to let that happen."

you gently smile at the boy, walking over to him and pull him into a much needed hug. "its alright love, you dont need to apologize. i understand that your going through a rough time right now."

he nods, nuzzling his nose into the top of your head. "i love you so, so much, darling. i hope you know that."

you smile, nodding against his chest. "i know, honey, i know. love you forever."

matt tightens your embrace, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of your head. "forever and always."