↳ 𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔢

REQUESTED anonymously on tumblr!

𝙒𝙊𝙍𝘿 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙏 ; 994

imagine no. twenty-three !

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔱 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'

𝘼/𝙉 ; the way you can tell the difference between my phone and my computer while I write. also! I couldn't really tell if this story was meant to be platonic x triplets or if it was reader x matt or chris so I just went with what I was most comfortable with

𝙎𝙐𝙈𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙔 ; request!

❝𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔢❞

walking out of the main entrance, your welcomed by the chilly night air of midnight in los angeles. youve always loved being outside at night, that is when it isn't just above freezing and its still only 8:30.

nick meets you at your side, his phone up to his ear as we search for his brothers under the slightly foggy weather. a light haze of oxygen and condonsation leaving a gentle dew at your ankles.

"where?" nick furrows his eyebrows, "I don't see you guys."

turning your head to your left, you smile when you see chris holding up a large sign, and yelling you and nicks names. a gentle laugh leaving your throat as he continues yelling out to you.

a loud 'i made you a sign!' could be heard over the honking of car horns and light chatter.

you and nick start walking towards chris and matt. but apparently, not fast enough as chris tries to hurry the two of you, but after his spewing doesnt work, he decidedly takes off in your direction. ultimately leaving matt behind as he starts walking behind him.

chris quickly jumps up, wrapping himself around nick like a stereotypical romcom. nick drops him, repeatedly mumbling "your not real" over and over. but your attention on them is short lived as you look towards matt.

a growing smile creeping on his lips the closer he got to you, which is slow and fair paced, because you know how much he hates the cheesy scenes like his brother just caused.

walking up to matt, you pull him into a quick hug. he presses his nose to the side of your head, softly kissing your cheek. "i missed you so much, love."

you smile, pressing a kiss to his jaw before tilting your head to meet his eyes. "i missed you too, matty."

he leans down, connecting your lips with his. you've been itching for this interaction for what feels like forever, though its only been four days. both of you having fun apart, but still waiting to be drawn together.

quickly being hit by the realization that you're still very much in a public setting, you pull back slightly. matt unconsciously chases after your kiss, not wanting to break apart just yet.

you smile, "c'mon, i wanna see mom."

matt amusedly rolls his eyes before taking your suitcase from you. "gee i missed you too, baby."

with a small laugh, you press another kiss to his lips before taking his freehand in yours. interlacing your fingers before tugging gently in the direction of the mini van.

. . .

walking into the triplets childhood home, your immediately met with a great whiff of something being baked.

nobody really seems to catch onto the smell as they all presumably head off into their own bedrooms. holding matts hand, you slow down, trying to wrap your head around the smell. whatever it is, you know marylou is tied to it.

matt gently tugs on your hand, smiling as he furrows his eyebrows. "you good?" he giggles. trying to drag him to his room so the two of you can catch up, in person this time instead of over a screen.

you look at him with a smile, "yeah, you go to your room ill meet you there in a minute."

"uhh, alright," he laughs, leaning down for a kiss quick kiss. "love you."

"love you," you smile before dropping his hand and leaving too the kitchen.

your grin widening when you find marylou washing her hands at the sink. hearing your footsteps, she turns around. a smile of her own appearing.

she laughs, drying her hands off. "i knew i heard someone coming in."

"yeah," you smile. "me and nick landed maybe two hours ago?"

"sit sit, im just about to pull these brownies."

ah. there it is. the smell youve so desperately been trying to figure out. smiling, you take a seat at the island. "thank you, marylou."

she pulls the brownies out, setting them on the oven. "well of course," she laughs. "anything for my favorite not-daughter!"

you laugh again, your smile bright as you speak with marylou. she was always like a second mother to you. at this point you spent more time talking to her than your own mom. she became such an influence in your life, and her love for her kids helped draw you in to feeling more connected with matt.

she cuts the brownies, and slides one over to you on a small plate. asking you simple questions about vidcon and disney, and just how you've been lately in general.

turning your head while answering marylou, you find matt walking into the kitchen. "hi mom," mumbles.

he walks up behind you, loosely draping his arms over your shoulders as he presses a gentle kiss to the side of your head. "you said you were gonna be a minute, its been like a million minutes." he mutters, dropping his head on your shoulder.

marylou laughs, "sorry, i didnt realize i kept them so long."

i shake my head with a smile, "dont worry, i love talking to you." you say, reassuring marylou. "thank you again for the br-"

"brownies?!" matt gasps, finally noticing the tray sitting closely in front of you. he unclasps his hands and reaches forward, quickly grabbing one.

you laugh, patting matt on the arm. "alright, lets go."

he straightens his back, taking a bite from the baked chocolate and walks out of the kitchen to his room.

extra a/n! idk if anyone else does this, but my dad calls my moms parents 'mom' and 'dad' and i think its the sweetest fucking thing ever so thats why reader referred to marylou as mom when talking to matt