Chapter 5

Ezra's POV:
___________

I always thought that she would remain that little girl who accompanied me wherever I went.

But now when I look at her, I see a kind of coldness, I see a little girl who built walls around her so that no one would approach her or approach her feelings. I see a tender girl who pretends to be strong so that no one will overtake her. I see a little girl who buried every atom of her remaining feelings so that no one would break her.

I think I was wrong again. Casper told me about her change since her father left. I think that caused her a kind of internal storm that swirls inside you and destroys your memories one by one.

Aurora had been ignoring me since that night and it had been more than a week since I had been here with them.

They have always treated me with kindness and love, and showed me nothing but generosity. Our families have been partners and friends since our parents were young. Aurora's mother prepared a room for me and I have been staying in it since I was five years old.

Casper and I were away all day but that never stopped me from going to see my girl at her school, she was smiling and always with her friends Millie and John.

But I have glimpsed another person with them. Someone looks like he's trying to get close to my cariña. However, I did not see her push him away from her.

Are they two lovers? What's going on? Why didn't she tell me about her boyfriend?

Well, I see I've become overly interested. This is her personal life and I have no right to interfere in her affairs,

however, I couldn't resist
Attraction towards her every day more and more.

I saw her coming straight to me smiling, I felt weird, yet I was happy to see her.

"Good morning." Aurora spoke with a light smile.

"Morning amor."

"You know, I like your spanish accent." she sat next to me holding a cup of coffee.

"Is it all you like about me?" I smirked. "You know, you've been looking at me for a while since I've moved here."

"I had a dream, about us when we were kids." She gave me a serious look.

"Well? Go on. Spit it out." I snickered.

"I'm not sure. It was dark and rainy and we were playing together. I can't remember anything else."

"Hmh yeah I remember that night. The night I was leaving. You didn't let me go." I laughed. "I had to stay with you all night and to postpone my flight to the next morning to go."

"God. I feel so embarrassed." She turned her face.

"No need to. You were so adorable, you still are." I grinned.

"So..I want us to be friends Ezra. I want us to get over this coldness that exists between us since you live with us now." She sighed with relief.

Friends? Really? Why can't we be more than that?

Well at least we'll get to talk together.

"Sí amor, eso será genial." I nodded. (yes honey that will be great.)

"ya sabes, he aprendido a hablar español." She smiled proudly. (you know, I've learned to speak spanish.)

"Debido a tu sonrisa, haces la vida más hermosa". I rested my head on the sofa and closed my eyes for a while enjoying the enticing aroma of Aurora. ("Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.")