Chapter 23

Aurora's POV:
______________

I sat on the couch next to my sister, facing Ezra, who never wanted to look at me. His features were permeated with coldness, in contrast to the laughter I heard when I arrived.

"So, you two know each other." i faked a smile.

"What? Of course dummy. Ezra and I have been close since childhood. Even when he went to Spain, I would visit him to check on him." Sophia looked at him.

I really don't like this.

I nodded.

"But, surprisingly, you still remember him, you were four, last time you saw him." she added.

"Yeah."

My eyes moved to him checking his condition, I think he lost some weight. maybe?

"Now tell me, brat, where have you been? And with whom?" She laughed, shrugging her shoulders.

how about some fun? he isn't the only one who's allowed to play, after all.

"I went to the beach, with Thomas." i smiled shyly looking at Sophie.

"Oh wow, a date?"

"Not really, but he asked to date me."

"A fake date again?" Ezra's sarcastic voice interrupted me.

Really? now?

"No. a real date this time." i sneered with a grin.

"Well, you'll have to tell me everything, in details tomorrow." Sophia held my hands before standing up.

i nodded.

"Now I'll have to say goodnight. I couldn't sleep last night because of Ezra's snoring."

She went to her room and I looked at Ezra. "Your snoring?"

"She slept at my house last night." he slowly replied.

what? did they sleep together? that's what he meant by finding a solution? My sister?

and before i can say anything else he added scoffing as if he was reading my mind. "We didn't sleep together, my room is at the end of the hall. I can't even believe she heard me snoring."

i know... he doesn't snore. oh god. i can't even believe how that came to my mind.

we were silent for few minutes.

"Are we going to pretend like nothing happened?" i spoke.

"Are you going to date him?"

"Does it matter?"

"Are you?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Don't."

"Why do you care?"

"Can we talk in your room?" he rubbed his eyes slowly.