Chapter 19

Ezra's POV:
___________

I walked to the car slowly, not knowing what to say, or do.

i opened the door and sat moving my eyes to Aurora's shaking body.

i took a deep breath then put my hand on hers but she quickly pulled away.

"Aurora-"

"i want to go home." she said looking away.

I quickly got on the handlebar and drove home without saying another word. We were silent all the way, and as soon as we arrived, she went to her room and closed the door. I changed my blood-stained clothes, not caring about the hole the bullet had made in my side. Then I headed to Aurora's room. I slowly opened the door and approached her as she was lying on the bed.

"Look at me Aurora." I grabbed her chin and turned it to face me. I saw her eyes filled with tears and her cheeks flushed.

she turned her face away forcefully.

"You're still covered in blood."

"I don't care."

she placed her hand on my chest then went to the bathroom. she came back few minutes later with a box, a medical kit.

"You don't have to, amor." i talked.

"Take off your shirt." she spoke quietly kneeling Infront of me.

I took off my shirt looking straight to her eyes as she tried to cut our eye contact.

she washed the wound with clean water. then she covered the wound with a thin layer of petroleum jelly, and a nonstick bandage.

"You should apply more vaseline and replace the bandage two times a day."

i didn't reply, i just kept looking at her when she finally stood up.

~~~

Writer's POV:
______________

"Aurie-"

"Don't call me that"

"I know what you're thinking but at least just let me explain." Ezra rubbed his eyes.

"are you a serial killer?" she asked.

he laughs hard.

"what?" she shook her head.

"Am I a serial killer? Really?"

"i just watched a fucking gunshot in front of my eyes."

"yes, I'm very aware of that. I was there, remember?"

"I saw you getting shot."

"that's why i asked you to stay in the fucking car." his tone strengthened.

"don't you dare turn this on me now."

"I'm not, I'm just-"

"Explain to me Ezra. i want to know if I'm with a dangerous man who goes through gunshots every fucking day and acts normal when he gets home because he's apparently used to it."

"I-"

"Oh wait, I know. you're like one of those gangsters. Great. I'm living with a fucking mafia man."

"Stop watching those serial killer movies, you keep imagining things." he kept laughing.

"did you just ignored the whole serial killer talk and stopped to that word?"

"and I'm not a serial killer, or a mafia, or a gangster amor."

"huh?"

"Although I'm a professional killer, but I'm not a serial killer. i work with the police. I'm a shooter and I'm the leader of that group you saw me with."

"What?"

"Let go of it now. Next time you listen to my fucking orders. clear? Because apparently none of this would've happen if you just did as i told you to."

"Oh so I'm the wrong one here?"

"both of us are wrong."

"Fuck off."

he grabs her neck forcefully and he pinned her to the wall. "What?" whispers run from his mouth.

she doesn't reply.

"I'm talking to you, little girl. did the cat eat your tongue now, hmm?."

"Ezra, stop."

"oh, so it didn't. Now, explain to me why you never listen to me hmm? Is it so hard to stick with my orders?"

"i told you I'm not good at taking orders."

"oh really? is that a daring tone i hear? the one i told you not to use again?" He grabbed more on her neck.

"Ezra- Let go of me."

"no no no, where's the strong tone of yours now? hmm?" he whispered with a dark smirk grabbing her more and more.

"Ezra- Please Let Go Of Me. I-I can't breathe." she tries to catch her breath

"hmm, what? I can't hear you amor."

her eyes filled with tears.

"why are you crying hmm?"

"because I'm afraid."

"afraid? afraid of what hmm?"

"of you." her voice shook.

He blinked quickly and then released her with his hands trembling.

what's going?

As if his being was shaken, as if she had watched him leave his body and then return in less than a second. Another ghost had occupied his body, as if it hadn't been him who had grabbed her against the wall moments before.

he quickly left the room as she was breathing hard, clutching her neck.

she sat on her bed trying to order her thoughts afraid of what will happen next.

was she afraid? maybe.
but was she really afraid of him? who knows.

she layed down on the bed and tears started to run from her eyes.

~~~

Ezra drove his car madly speeding through streets.

he was running

running away from the house, from Aurora, from everything.

yet, he knows he cannot run from himself.

seeing fear in her eyes and tremble in her voice was the biggest fear of him, ever.

he scared her, once again.

he lost control again,

but why does it always happen when he's with her? the question run through his mind.

he scared the only thing that he ever cared about and wanted the most.

the worst thing of all is that he was going to hurt her just after few seconds, if he didn't suddenly pull away.

he had seen how his fingers left an imprint on her neck,

the neck that he always desired,

the neck that he always wanted to leave his marks on so that everyone knows that she belongs to him, but not like that.