Chapter 2: Wolf Moon- 1x1

A bizarre night in the woods, with his best friend and a weird young woman, seems to improve nerdy high schooler Scott McCall's life, but his disturbing symptoms and a warning from a mysterious stranger portend dark times ahead.

Third Person POV

It's a late, dark, and foggy night as Chloe Myers and several Beacon County Sheriff's Department deputies pull up to the Beacon Hills Preserve in their police cruisers. Chloe hides in the trees, hoping she gets to Laura's body before the deputies do. The Witch knows where Laura died.

Chloe was in the woods with her that night. She tried desperately to protect the Hale Alpha knowing, thanks to a premonition she had days before, that Laura would die.

Chloe had run out of the small apartment she shared with the older Hale siblings in New York, leaving Derek in worry and shock. Days later, the morning after she failed to protect Laura, she called Derek in a panic... begging him to come back to Beacon Hills to hunt down the monster that killed a member of their pack. Derek got on the first flight back, the next day, and they met up in their childhood clubhouse 'The Hideout', which Derek hated so much... or so he said, she always knew he was lying though.

Derek hasn't been one to show his emotions around anyone since he and Chloe lost both their mothers in the fire, but Chloe knows him better than that- they've known each other since they were twelve. "I'm sorry, Der. I failed, I came here to protect her and I failed." She whispers as he throws himself down on the couch, almost breaking it.

He's not able to look at her for a moment, when he does his eyes are filled with tears. She had only seen him cry a handful of times and every time it broke her heart, this time is no different. "I don't blame you, Chlo." He sighs, dropping his head into his hands for a minute before looking up at her again, "But now that she's dead, this bastard is an Alpha. We have to stop him."

"And we will." Chloe smiles, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to him.

"How can you be sure?" He asks, his voice shaking while he tries not to cry.

"Probabilities." She smirks, her magic showing itself as a green flicker in her brown eyes. Derek's eyes flicker their werewolf blue in response, "You suck." Chloe chuckles, trying to lighten the mood.

"You love me." He smirks.

Chloe rolls her eyes, the memories of Laura making fun of their not-relationship-relationship playing through her mind, Laura always told the two that they would make a cute couple.

Back in the woods, hiding from the County Sheriff's Department, Chloe is pulled from her thoughts by the sound of a Stiles's Jeep coming up to the edge of the Preserve; her enhanced senses picking it up. "We're seriously doing this?" Scott grumbles as the two walk to the front of the Jeep.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles responds, holding a flashlight ahead of them, giving Scott a light smack on the back as he walks past.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott sighs, reluctantly following.

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles responds snidely as they walk through the woods.

"No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott argues.

Stiles looks back in disbelief for a moment before continuing walking, "Hey, that's the spirit! Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." He chuckles.

Chloe, hidden up in one of the trees, has to hold in a laugh- these two reminding her of the way her and Derek used to be before their lives got completely taken over by the supernatural side to their families.