Chapter 10: Wolf's Bane- 1x9

A power-hungry Jackson forces Scott into a dangerous bargain, Lydia receives some unpleasant news, and Stiles, Derek, and Chloe make a shocking discovery about the mysterious alpha.

Third Person POV

Despite trying to lay low, when Chloe had a vision that contained the possibility for The Alpha to attack at the high school, with the information left behind by Laura and now a timeframe from Chloe's vision, Derek immediately wanted to use that time to go after him.

At the school Adrian Harris is cleaning up his classroom and getting ready to leave for the night when he finds a list on his desk of all the people that share his last name... his name last on the list and the only one that isn't crossed out. He panics and quickly tries to leave when he hears The Alpha growling behind him, "Please don't kill me." Harris begs.

"Do you know who wrote that list?" The Alpha asks, the voice deep and scary.

"Laura-Laura Hale." Harris stammers.

"Do you know why she was looking for you?" The Alpha asks, "I know why. Turn around, Adrian. Turn around and I'll show you. TURN AROUND!"

"No... Please..." Harris begs.

"Look at me! Look at what you've done!" The Alpha yells, throwing a chair past Harris and into the wall.

Derek and Chloe come running into the room, "GET DOWN!" Derek yells, pulling Harris to the floor as another chair is thrown.

Chloe's eyes glow and the chair drops to the floor before ever making it to them. With the chair throwing coming to a halt The Alpha leaves the room, and the minute the two get up to follow him bright lights fill the room from police cars outside. She grabs Derek by the collar of his jacket, pulling him against the wall, out of view of the windows in case the police decide to start shooting. "This is the police. You're surrounded. No one leaves the building." An Officer calls out over the loudspeaker.

"We have to get out of-" Chloe starts before realizing how close he is to her and that his arms are around her, causing her to stop breathing for a second, hoping he's too preoccupied to notice she's staring at him. Her gaze moves between his eyes, as he looks to the window, and his lips as her grip tightens on his collar.

Before she can shake any thoughts from her mind or even process them, "Come on!" He drags her as they run.

They make their way out of the school, past the police, with hopes that their plan is working. "You know, when I promised you we'd do this together... running from the police is not what I had in mind!" She snaps at him as they run into the Iron Works.

"Just shut up and run, Chlo." Derek groans, following her, police cruisers right behind them.

The Sheriff is in the lead car, "Repeat, suspect is on foot. We're in pursuit, heading northwest." He calls out over the radio.

The two almost get cornered by another police cruiser, "Look out!" Chloe yells, grabbing Derek's jacket and pulling him away from the cars so they can keep running.

They're so focused on making it out that they don't notice, or maybe don't care that Chris Argent is also following them. "They're on foot. Just ran into the Iron Works." He's on the phone with Kate.

"Wait, wait- did you say 'on foot'?" Kate questions him.

"Yeah... Into the Iron Works." Chris repeats.

"Running?" Kate asks, totally confused.

"Yes, running!" Chris yells, hanging up the phone.

"...If they're on foot, then who the hell is driving his car?" Kate asks herself as she's following the car.