Chapter 7: Heart Monitor- 1x6

Allison learns some intriguing details about her ancestors, and Scott works to control his temper -- and therefore his transformations -- with help from Stiles... Derek and Chloe.

Third Person POV

Scott is out getting groceries for him and his mom, Derek and Chloe are following him- Derek calls it training, Chloe is just going because it's funny. Unable to find the car, Scott checks all the floors of the parking garage until Derek starts growling behind him... Scott, thinking he's being chased by The Alpha, runs away ducking between the cars to hide for a minute to give him time to think. Coming up with an idea he jumps on the rest of the cars hoods, setting off their alarms before running.

Chloe uses her magic to shut all the alarms off, allowing Derek to find Scott again when his phone goes off. "No, no stop!" Scott panics in a whisper desperately trying to shut his phone off.

Once the ringing stops Derek comes up behind him, grabbing his shoulders and slamming him on the hood of the car, "You're dead." He says.

Scott pushes him off and the three start to walk through the garage, "What? What the hell was that?" Scott asks, completely appalled.

"We said we were gonna teach you- we didn't say when." Derek answers, not looking at him.

"You scared the crap out of me!" Scott yells.

"Not yet." Chloe smirks.

Scott starts to get defensive, "Okay, but I was fast, right?"

"Not fast enough." Derek answers, unimpressed.

"But-but the car alarm thing! That was smart, right?" Scott scoffs.

"Till your phone rang..." Derek answers, still not looking at him.

"Yeah, but that was- I mean-" Scott stammers, stopping as Derek and Chloe walked ahead, "Would you just stop? Please?" He pleads. They stop and turn to face him as he continues, "What happened the other night- Stiles' dad getting hurt- that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this."

Derek sighs, "Look, I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you."

"Time we may not have." Chloe adds, leaning on her Bo Staff as she pushes it into the concrete.

"What do I have to do?" Scott pleads.

"You have to get rid of distractions." Derek answers, grabbing Scott's phone showing it to him, "You see this? This is why I caught you. You want me to teach you? Get rid of her."

"What, just because of her family?" Scott asks, an attitude in his voice. "And if we're talking about distractions, how come you have Chloe?" His gaze switches between the two.

Chloe chuckles a bit and Derek rolls his eyes trying to hide the memory of Kate attacking them at the Hale House... Chloe's screams when they electrocuted her. He holds up Scott's phone, turning to throw it at the wall. "Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Scott tries.

Derek ignores him and throws it into the wall, shattering it. "You getting angry?" He asks Scott who's shocked to answer, "That's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this. How to shift- you do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage, and you can't do that with her around." He glances at Chloe, "Bad things can happen."

"I can get angry." Scott snaps defensively.

"Not angry enough. This is the only way that I can teach you." Derek replies quickly, sighing, "Now, can you stay away from her? At least until after the full moon?"