Chapter 3: Second Chance at First Line- 1x2

Struggling to control his werewolf transformations, Scott worries that playing in an upcoming lacrosse game is too risky, and Stiles sets out to prove Derek and Chloe's guilt in a recent murder.

Third Person POV

After Scott apologizes to Allison, he is about to turn back toward the school to go to lacrosse practice when he suddenly catches a scent that he recognizes and turns back around. When he looks toward the SUV, he sees that Allison's father is Chris Argent, the leader of the trio of Hunters who shot him several nights earlier. Argent catches Scott staring at them, and Scott, stunned into speechlessness, waves at them awkwardly before watching them pull away to head home, horrified at the realization that the girl he wants to date is the daughter of a Werewolf Hunter.

When he gets to the locker room, he drops all his gear in a daze; still trying to process that Allison's father is the same guy that tried to kill him. Stiles, having just finished getting ready for practice, is walking across the room when he sees Scott, "Did you apologize to Allison?" He asks.

Scott nods weakly, still in shock. "Yeah." He's completely out of it.

"Is she giving you a second chance, or...?" Stiles pushes, not satisfied with a one word answer.

Scott nods again, "Yeah." He answers, his tone not changing.

"Yeah? All right! So, everything's good?" Stiles smiles, getting excited for his friend as he starts to walk away.

"No." Scott shakes his head, not even realizing Stiles had started to leave.

He comes back, "No?" Stiles asks, confused.

Scott starts to come out of his overwhelmed haze and tries to explain what he learned, still unable to make eye contact with Stiles. "Remember... The Hunters? Her dad is one of 'em."

Stiles looks at him in shock, "Her dad-?" He asks.

Scott ignores his words and continues to speak, "-shot me-"

Stiles cuts Scott off to try and ask for clarification, "Allison's father-?"

Scott continues to ignore Stiles' interruptions and finishes his sentence, "-with a crossbow."

Stiles, flabbergasted by this news, repeats himself dramatically now that Scott has finally stopped speaking, "Allison's father?"

Scott, now officially snapped out of his daze by this conversation, yells at Stiles impatiently, "Yes! Her father!" Seeing that Stiles is just as shocked as he is, Scott begins to actively panic again. "Oh, my God-"

Stiles rushes over, lightly slapping Scott in the face a few times, "No, Scott. Snapback!" Scott finally snaps out of it and looks Stiles in the eyes, though he's still worried. "You okay?" Scott nods, and Stiles sighs in relief, "Hey, all right? He didn't recognize you, right?"

Scott thinks for a moment, trying to figure out if it's possible before responding, "No... N-no, I don't think so..." He says, still worried.

Stiles nods patiently and continues, "Does she know about him?" He asks.

Scott's eyes widen when he realizes he has no idea if Allison knows about her family's status as Werewolf Hunters and begins to panic again, "Oh, yeah, I don't know! What if she does? This is gonna kill me, man-"

The coach's whisper catches Stiles' attention, "Okay, just focus on lacrosse. Okay?" picks up the rest of his lacrosse gear and thrusts it into Scott's hands, forcing him to hold it. "Here, Scott. Take this. Take this, and focus on lacrosse for now, okay? That's all you gotta do, yeah?"