Chapter 8: Night School- 1x7

Chloe, Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Jackson and Allison begin to distrust one another as they spend a terrifying night trapped in the high school, stalked by the vengeful alpha werewolf. All while Chloe fights to stay alive after saving Derek.

Third Person POV

~Previously~

Out of the corner of her eye she can see something coming up behind Derek, "Look out!" She pushes him out of the way and down to the ground only to be stabbed through the chest with huge Alpha claws.

Derek lays on the ground, watching in horror, his heart stops and he forgets how to breathe as his best friend is picked up off the ground, her hands trying to grip ahold of the beast's wrists as blood falls from her mouth. "Chloe!!" He cries out, watching as she gets thrown into the wall on the edge of the property.

~Now~

At this moment, for Derek, nothing else matters- not The Alpha, not Scott, or Stiles, or his car- just her. He bolts across the parking lot to her body laying almost dead in the leaves. Her hair stuck to the blood on her face, leaves buried in her hair, and blood covering the front of her shirt. He tries to focus his senses through his own panic to try to find her heartbeat and breathing, he finds a weak heartbeat and choked breathing caused by her lungs being full of blood.

He kneels down slowly, and brushes her hair from her face to reveal her eyes are still open wide. She gasps for air, choking, spitting up blood with every attempt. Derek slowly and gently rolls her over and pulls her into his arms, carefully sitting her up against him, "Hey..." He whispers, tears in his eyes, that he can't be bothered to blink away and his voice breaking, "Stay with me, okay?" She nods weakly. "Why'd you do that? You shouldn't have done that... You're so stupid... You're so stupid." He rambles, unable to hold back tears.

Every few seconds, while the two sit there, he looks over his shoulder to keep an eye out for The Alpha. He keeps his hand against her injuries to try to slow the bleeding until her magic healing can kick in, fear builds in his eyes as he watches her blood seep between his fingers, staining his hands red. The only thing keeping him even close to focused is the sound of her choking and coughing as she tries to remove enough blood from her lungs to finally be able to talk, "Y-You migh-might be a pain in the ass- and punched my Dad." A weak chuckle leaves her lips before groaning in pain from laughing, "But you're my pain in the ass- my best... friend. And it's my job to protect you." She gasps out in between breaths.

"Shut up and focus on healing so I can get you out of here." He chuckles a bit, worry covering his voice. "You're gonna be okay." His voice breaks as he slowly starts to take her pain away... black veins moving from her body to his hands and up his arms, "I got you."

She realizes what he's doing, "Leave me." And tries to push him away, "Get to The Hideout where it's safe, The Alpha won't find you there." His body tenses up, and his grip tightens slightly on her broken and bloody frame, not wanting to let her go.

With him not wanting to let go, she uses his help to slowly make it closer to the tree with one of his hands still on her injuries and her blood covering his shirt, "I'm not leaving you, we're in this together, remember?" He whispers, not wanting to attract The Alpha.

Chloe groans, pulling out a potion bottle with green liquid from her bag. "I lost one Hale, I refuse to lose another, and if this is my father..." She opens the potion bottle and downs the contents, her eyes glowing green in response to it entering her system, "...because let's face it, he's not in your car anymore... I should be the one to put him down."

He sighs, "I'm not leaving you." His voice stern, watching as the gashes under his hand disappear but he can't seem to get himself to move.

She groans as she slowly moves his hand off her and stands up, using the tree and Derek for support as she hears the boys screaming inside the school. "Hey, Dumbass... this isn't the end, and I don't exactly like the idea of dying while holding your hand anyway. Now please listen to me for once in your damn life and get the fuck out of here." Their eyes lock and she can see that he really doesn't want to leave her, she lays a hand on his shoulder, "Go. If I'm not at The Hideout before sunrise, come find me, okay?" She holds out her hand in the direction of Derek's car, calling her magical Bo Staff to her hand, "I got this." She nods.