Chapter 12: Formality- 1x11

Derek and Kate's twisted past is revealed, Allison reels from another huge revelation, and the school's winter formal turns tragic as Peter and the werewolf hunters close in on their prey, and Chloe goes up against horrific visions caused by her own magic to try and save her best friend before it's too late.

Third Person POV

The next morning Scott wakes up, still laying on one of the tables at the Animal Clinic. He immediately jumps off the table to try and stand, "Welcome to the land of the conscious." Alan smiles, quickly walking over before Scott can fall, "You doing okay?" He asks. Scott barely nods, "Maybe you should sit down, huh?" Scott's looking at the bandage on his side from being shot when the entry bell goes off, signaling that someone has entered the clinic, "Hello?" Alan calls out, no answer. He goes to check it out when Scott grabs his arm, stopping; Alan turns, giving him a reassuring smile before heading out. "I'm sorry, but we're... we're closed." He sees Peter.

Peter ignores him, "Hi there. I'm here to pick up." He says from near the front door, trying to act like a normal person.

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off..." Alan replies suspiciously.

"This one wandered in on its own." Peter explains taking a few steps forward.

Upon hearing Peter's voice Scott hides in the corner. "Even if he did, I'm afraid we can't help you. We're closed." Alan explains.

"Well, I think you can make an exception this one time, don't you?" Peter asks as more of a warning, taking another step.

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours?" Alan tries to be polite.

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it." Peter says, realizing not only is Scott on the other side of the divider but so is Chloe.

"Like I said-" Alan says firmly, taking a step forward, "We're closed."

Peter reaches for the divider door, only to not be able to get past it. He glares but up at Alan, "...Mountain Ash.That's an old one." He smirks before spinning around and grabbing a chair, throwing it over the divider at the wall next to Alan... it completely shatters but Alan doesn't even flinch.

"Let me be as clear as possible: We. Are. Closed." Alan repeats firmly.

Reluctantly Peter heads for the door, stopping momentarily, "There are others who can help me get what I want, Scott... More innocent, and far more vulnerable." He whispers, knowing Scott can hear him.

"...Allison!" Scot realizes before Peter walks out.

Scott quickly heads home, grabbing Stiles on the way to look for his phone. "Call it again." Scott tells him, ripping through everything in his room.

"It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles sighs from across the room.

"I can't afford a new one, and I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott groans, tearing apart more of his stuff.

"Well, A: you're not alone, you have me." Stiles says, slightly offended. "And B: didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead." He sighs, "And if he's not dead, why isn't Chloe looking for him? I mean they never go anywhere without each other... it's so annoying." He groans.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him." Scott explains, "And when I left the clinic... Chloe was still passed out... I think she took a heavy hit." He sighs.

"All right, so then, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to find Peter, problem solved." Stiles argues while Scott is still looking.