Chapter 9: Lunatic- 1x8

Scott's family and friends are alarmed when the full moon brings out his dark and vengeful side, and Jackson, Chris and Kate begin to draw conclusions about the monsters' identities. While Derek lays into Chloe about once AGAIN risking her life to stop the alpha.

Third Person POV

It's been a few days since the attack on the high school and the whole town is freaking out- Allison broke up with Scott, Chloe isn't answering her father's calls and Derek hasn't left The Hideout because the police are looking for him, plus he refuses to leave Chloe's side.

Scott and Stiles snuck out of their houses and are walking through the woods, "Where are we going?" Scott asks tiredly.

"You'll see." Stiles answers as they walk, not looking at his friend.

" 'Cause we really shouldn't be out here. My mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school." Scott says, checking over his shoulder nervously.

"Well, your mom isn't the Sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me." Stiles scoffs, looking back at Scott.

"Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?" Scott asks as they walk.

"Yes!" Stiles yells, getting excited. "When your best friend gets dumped-"

"- I didn't get dumped! We're taking a break-" Scott argues, cutting him off.

"All right, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break... you get your best friend drunk." Stiles smiles holding up a bottle of alcohol.

While Scott and Stiles are getting drunk... mostly Stiles. Derek and Chloe are losing their minds in The Hideout, "This sucks. Why did you let Scott throw me under the bus the other night?" He grumbles for the fifth time that night.

Chloe rolls her eyes reading her book, not looking up at him, "Why do you keep asking the same thing over and over expecting a different answer?" She glances at him as she turns the page, "You realize that's the definition of insanity, right?" She smirks, going back to her book.

He growls, annoyed, "Yeah, yeah, yeah." He sighs, "You were bleeding out and didn't want to start any extra fighting."

"Not to mention, these kids seem smart enough to know the difference between you and a giant beast chasing them through the hall." She shrugs, "Plus, all the bodies are going to have evidence of being killed by an animal. And last I checked, you don't exactly fit the Sheriff's definition of an animal."

"And last I checked, they couldn't find the janitor's body." He throws his hands up, "So they could still pin that one on me."

"Oh yeah." Chloe chuckles, amused, "Because it makes total sense for you to lock your best friend in a school with a bunch of kids to try to kill them all... especially when everyone originally thought that we killed Laura together."

Derek rolls his eyes, "Do you always have to be right?" He complains.

"Nah." She smirks, "I can be wrong too... but I like pissing you off, it's fun."

"I hate you." He mumbles under his breath.

"You love me." She corrects him, forcing him to smile.

As her focus goes back to her book, her magic has other plans and she drops it to the floor, staring into space, her eyes glowing green. "Chlo, what is it?" Derek asks from the other couch.

"The Alpha... he just killed again." She slowly looks at him before blinking a few times.

The next morning Scott's alarm goes off for school, "Beautiful Monday morning! Beacon Hills High School is back open after being closed Thursday and Friday. Police search continues for alleged killer Derek Hale, he is believed to have also kidnapped Chloe Myers-"