Chapter 11: Co-Captain- 1x10

Kate brings a wary Allison into the family secret, Scott meets a new adversary and an unexpected ally, and Jackson's ruthless ambition places him in mortal danger.

Third Person POV

While the lacrosse game happens at the high school, without Stiles, Peter explains everything to Derek and Chloe while allowing them time to heal before the three head over to the high school... Meeting Scott in the locker room. Chloe still has some healing to do so she's leaning on her Bo Staff with her free arm resting on Derek's shoulder as Scott comes around the corner, "Oh!" He lets out a sigh of relief, "Thank God! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" Scott rambles.

Peter comes out from around the corner behind Scott, holding a lacrosse stick, "I really don't get lacrosse..."

"It was you." Scott gasps.

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport." Peter ignores him.

Chloe chuckles, "You mean you sat on the bench while Derek played... because you sucked." She corrects him.

Peter lets out a snarl in response, before dropping it and continuing talking, "Still, I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes, and that they played it to resolve conflict. Do I have that right?" He swings the stick around, "Well..." He shrugs it off and leans the stick up against the wall, "Hmm... I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott... But I need your help to do it."

"I'm not helping you kill people." Scott tells him firmly.

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them-" Peter starts, "Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include..." He stops, unable to remember her name so he looks to Derek and Chloe.

"Allison." Derek finishes.

Scott looks at the two in shock, "You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?!"

Chloe looks away. She knows Peter is an asshole, she knows he can't be trusted, but he's all Derek has left and regardless of her feelings on the situation, she won't watch her best friend lose someone else, not unless one of them is the one to kill him. "It was a mistake..." Derek tells him.

"What??" Scott asks.

"It happens." He explains.

"Scott, I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We just really want to help you reach your full potential." Peter explains.

"By killing my friends?" Scott scoffs.

"Sometimes the people closest to you can be the ones holding you back the most." Peter glances at Chloe and Derek, and in a way he's right... If it wasn't for Chloe being there for Derek everyday after the fire, reminding him of his mother's words every night, and staying with him through every full moon, he probably would have gone off the deep end and ended up just like Peter, making this revenge mission a whole lot easier. And on the other side of things, if Derek hadn't spent the last six years helping her keep her magic under wraps and controlled, the safety would be taken off the gun causing her to lose all humanity... only anger driving her... and she'd burn all of Beacon Hill to ash with no remorse.

"If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut-job like you, I'm okay with that." Scott argues.

Peter takes a few steps towards Scott, who starts to panic and looks to Chloe and Derek for help but they barely react, "Maybe... you could try and see things from my perspective..." He says as his claws come out.

He cuts them into the back of Scott's neck before pulling away a minute later and leaving him on the floor. Chloe runs to his side as best as she can, laying a hand on his shoulder, "It's okay. It's okay Scott. Don't fight it." She whispers.