Chapter 13: Code Breaker- 1x12

Stiles tries to outwit Peter and save his friends, Scott teams up with Derek and Chloe to take down the alpha for good, and Allison learns the importance of her hunter family's strict moral code.

Third Person POV

~Previously~

"I think he... I think he knew he was gonna be caught." He answers nervously.

"And?" She pushes for more information.

"And, I think when you, him and Scott were shot at- I think he took Scott's phone." He explains.

"Why?" Peter asks.

Chloe looks over her shoulder at him, "They all have GPS now. So, if he still has it, and if it's still on... we can find him." She smiles.

~Now~

"We should go." Peter says, standing up. He looks down at Stiles, "And you're coming with."

Chloe nods in agreement as she stands up. "No. I'm not just letting you leave her here." Stiles argues, looking up at Chloe, finally seeing the deep darkness in her eyes.

"You don't have a choice, Stiles." Chloe tells him, "You're coming with us."

"Just kill me. Look, I don't care anymore." He pleads tearfully, looking at Lydia, who's still lying there.

Chloe sighs, "Why would we kill you when we need you?" She whispers as Peter pulls him up with a claw to his chin.

"Call your friend. Tell Jackson where she is. That's all you get." Peter gives in slightly.

Stiles takes in a sharp breath, "Please." He begs, looking at Chloe like he's trying to get through to her, "Please." She groans in pain as the veins around her eyes fade and the dark green becomes lighter again for a split second as she tries to fight her way through her own mind, before reaching into her small bag as she kneels back down to Lydia and pulling out a small bottle of red liquid that has a slight glow to it, knowing that if Lydia died she'd lose all chance of seeing Derek alive again. "What is that?" Stiles panics.

"It's something I made after high school." She answers, "It's a potion that tries to combat any negative effects of The Bite." She pops the bottle open and gently pulls Lydia into a seated position against her, slowly getting her to drink it.

"Negative effects? What do you mean Negative effects?" Stiles pushes, trying not to panic.

"Like agonizing pain, black blood, death." She answers like it's no big deal, laying Lydia back down and standing up, "She'll be fine for now." She adds, walking off the field, Peter follows.

"Seriously?" Peter scoffs, gripping Chloe's neck while Stiles is on the phone. "You made that... after high school?" He rolls his eyes, "I can't afford you being soft." He growls, "Derek will die." His claws dig into her skin again and she tries desperately not to cry as the thought of Derek's death fills her mind again before everything becomes emotionless and her Dark Side comes back to the surface, the dark veins returning, allowing Peter to let her go, "Don't ever pull a stunt like that again." He scolds walking off.

"This shit is just getting started." She groans following him.

"Just remember you're doing this for Derek." Peter reminds her simply.

On the road in Stiles' Jeep, Peter finally speaks up, "Don't feel bad. If she lives, she'll become a Werewolf. She'll be incredibly powerful."

Stiles scoffs, "Yeah, and once a month, she'll go out of her freaking mind and try to tear me apart." He argues.