Chapter 5: Magic Bullet- 1x4

Derek's encounter with a formidable new hunter leaves him close to death while Chloe is left in a panic over the thought of losing her best friend, and before Chloe, Scott and Stiles can save him, Scott must navigate an awkward dinner with the Argents.

Third Person POV

The two best friends are out in the middle of the night in the Beacon Hills Industrial District, trying to track down The Alpha, Chloe, wearing his leather jacket again, is geared up with her small bag with a few potions, and her spell book; Bo Staff in hand. They stop, finding a small pool of blood on the ground, Derek dips his fingers into it to try and get a scent. "What do you think?" Chloe whispers.

"I think it would be a lot easier to focus if you shut up." He mumbles at her, trying to focus his senses. He sighs, "I don't recognize it, it could be his but I'm not sure... I haven't been as close as you have."

Chloe scoffs, "I don't know if you've noticed, Der, but I'm not a Werewolf. My senses aren't as sharp as yours, despite being a super powerful witch."

"Just try." He grumbles, rolling his eyes.

She grabs his arm, refusing to touch the blood herself, and takes a deep breath. "It's him." She answers, "It's The Alpha." She nods, dropping his arm.

"Are you sure?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, but between the two of us... which one of us has actually made that asshole bleed?" She asks, offended.

"Okay, okay." He holds up his hands in surrender with a light chuckle.

She's about to say something else when she realizes his attention is no longer on her. He follows his line of sight and sees The Alpha climbing a building. When The Alpha sees them looking, he rushes away out of sight before climbing up the side of the upper stories of the building. "Come on." Chloe whispers, taking the lead in the chase.

They work their way through the warehouses, totally obvious to Kate on the street. Chloe scales the side of one of the buildings, Derek behind her. When his footing slips, she stretches out her arm holding her Bo Staff to him; he quickly grabs it before pulling himself to safety on top of the roof, "Thanks." Due to having to take her eyes off The Alpha to help Derek, she loses sight of him, so she falls back... letting Derek take the lead.

Mid jump between two buildings, a gun goes off and Derek is hit. Chloe doesn't wait a second wrapping herself around him as they fall, a second shot goes off and it clips her shoulder. The two roll off the buildings until Chloe hits the cement ground and Derek lands on top of her. She's so focused on their injuries that she doesn't even hear Chris pulling up to pick up Kate.

Getting out from under him, Chloe drags Derek back until he's sitting against the side of one of the buildings. "I got you, just catch your breath." She whispers, kneeling next to him, trying to catch her own breath.

"My arm." He groans, still trying to catch his breath.

"I know." She nods, "Let me take a look." She whispers, ripping the sleeve of his shirt up from the end to the wound so she can take a look. "Son of a bitch..." She groans and Derek lays his head back against the wall. "I fucking hate Wolfsbane."

"Anything you can do?" He asks, looking at her. She swears she can see fear in his eyes.

"Short of my 'Plan B' without knowing the type... anything I do could make things worse." She answers.

"We're not doing your 'Plan B'." Derek groans.

"I never said we were." She answers softly, tying the two parts of his sleeve around the wound to slow any bleeding. "Any ideas?"