For You

"Right this way ma'am," waitstaff motioned, leading Avery to her table.

Kilo sat across from her in a Red Palm Angel's track suit and a pair of white forces on his feet. His hair was freshly cut and he had taken out his diamonds showing a nice set of white teeth. She sat across from him quietly watching him from the second she saw him.

"You know you a hard woman to get ahold of?" He asked flashing a smile at him.

"Yea I broke my phone, not you tryna put out a apb for me?" Avery raised her brow.

"Oh I was gone find you," he joked.

"Hello, how are you all?" A small waiter asked in a soft low voice. "Are you guys ready to order?"

"Uh can I get a strawberry lemonade," Avery requested.

"Water, and give us another minute," Kilo spoke.

The waiter nodded and walked away.

"Come here," Kilo said grabbing Avery's hand.

She stood and walked over to his side sitting next to him. He smelled good, almost intoxicating. They looked over the menu chatting about the food. Avery had been there a few times but it was Kilos first time. They agreed on ordering salmon and rice for her and Lamb chops for him.

"So you know I'm not calling you Kilo right?" She said glancing over at him.

"LeJay," he said looking back at her.

"That's kinda cute," her lips tightened.

"Yea when we have our son we can name him Lj," Kilo said looking dead in her face.

"Now you know I got a nigga, and I actually came here to tell you like I know you interested but I can't_," she was cut off by the waiter bringing their food to the table.

They ordered a few drinks and shots and ate. The pair sat there chatting for over a hour. It was a vibe for Avery. She was so used to Jabari's obnoxious ways she always downplayed herself in his presence. It was refreshing to be able to speak freely. They talked about school and her plans, and the type of business moves he wanted to make. Before she knew it it was 6:00pm.

"Um I really gotta go," Avery said growing anxious.

"I want you to come with me," LeJay said.

"Im sorry, I gotta meet my fiancé," she said looking away from him.

The waiter brought the check. He paid and stood up holding his hand out to help her up. Kilo held onto her hand as they walked out of the restaurant. Val-let pulled their cars around and for a moment the pair stood there waiting to see how the encounter would end. Kilo walked around to her driver side opening her door. She followed and climbed into her truck. Quickly he leaned down kissing Avery grabbing her neck as he pulled away he rubbed his thumb across her bottom lip. Avery was stunned, she sucked in her lip blinking in confusion.

"Um, I can't see you Kilo, I'm getting married and I'm not one of them girls." She said reaching for her door.

Kilo didn't even say anything he just stepped back and closed her door. He walked to his car and sped off. Quickly Avery peeled out after him. She called Senai, Mariah, and Taliya in a group call.

"Soooo pop yo shit," Senai rushed Avery to talk.

"It ain't much to say, we had a meal and talked," Avery said.

"Bitch I know you lyin you been out the way bout 3 fuckin hours and y'all was at The Garden whole time? Bitch I woulda been fucked all on him in the parking lot." Taliya spat.