What The Life

Kilo

The Apple Watch lit up showing 2:34am. Kilo sat in a studio across from a few rappers as a track played back. Backwoods were in rotation and the studio was in full motion. Scoob and Skarr were talking over the record about things they wanted changed while a few women sat on a couch whispering amongst themselves.

This was Kilo's investment coming to life. He went to college for music engineering and business. But like most casualties of the hood streets called and he found himself locked into a second passion. Although his dream was to be a big time producer he had grown to want more than a name. Nevertheless his name rung bells between the Atlanta music scene and the streets.

Scoob went back into the booth and Kilo started in on recording again. After about fifteen minutes he came out, standing listening to the song play over with his fixed vocals. Kilo took a moment to check his phone and figure out what his next move was.

Korrin
So what's up LeJay?

Kilo
I'm coming in a lil warm up
some of that shit ma.

Korrin
I  made brownies too🥰

"Aye that shit really hard blood," Skarr said dapping up his friend.

"Yea boy, this that shit nigga ain't gone be able ta fuck wit dis," Scoob replied his thick Atl accent barely understandable.

One of the girls leaned over whispering into Skarr's ear making him smirk and lick his lips.

"Ay let me redo this verse and me and shawty gone burn," Skarr said walking towards the booth.

It didn't take long for him to fix his verse and come out. They sat up smoking one last wood before leaving. Kilo sat back scrolling through his instagram waiting for them to leave so he could straighten up before heading to Korrin's. Scoob and Kilo talked about they're next business move and Skarr was locked in with the girl in his lap. Them two were so into each other niggas thought they was bout to fuck right in front of everybody. After they smoked everyone left and Kilo picked up the mess before heading out. He was stepping out of the elevator when he got a incoming call.

770-232-1547

He watched the phone ring for a few moments before whoever was calling hung up. When it finished he called Korrin.

"What's up babe?" Korrin spoke softly.

It was three something in the morning and she was casually waiting for Kilo.

"I'm on my way mamas, can you run me a bath?" He asked.

"Of course, see you in a minute," she said before he could hang up

770-232-1547
You up?

Kilo read the text confused before deciding to call the number back.

"Ay who this?" He said into the phone as soon as it answered.

"Avery.. my bad you can text me tomorrow," she said.

"Naw you good, wassup you got away?" Kilo said turning his car on.

"Mmm kinda," Avery spoke unsure what to say.