Jaylen's POV
Eliza says "I had an idea." I say "what's that?" They say "since we don't have to live on campus our first year, I thought we could split on an apartment. So we'd have our own space and wouldn't have to deal with being in a tiny dorm." I say "that would be cool but we'd probably have to get a roommate. Apartments are expensive and I'm not working while I'm in school" and Eliza says "that makes sense. We might have to" and we finish making the food and Mikey says "grilled cheese!" I chuckle and we eat and Eliza says "so, how in the world do we find another roommate though?"

I say "hope and get lucky" chuckling then I say "I think we can handle it for now though." Mikey says "omg get a straight guy and bring him to the dark side." I say "that's what Eliza did to you." Mikey says "seriously?" I say "based on what I've heard, yes." We all chuckle and Mikey says "well, good job, babe. If worked." I chuckle and Mikey says "did you do that to Ethan?" I say "no, he talked first. We bumped into each other and he asked me how I was doing first instead of apologizing" chuckling.

Eliza says "that is rizz if I've ever seen it" chuckling. I laugh saying "it really was. He was such a flirt back then." Eliza says "that means he was practically begging." We chuckle and I say "I know. It's cute when he's desperate." Mikey says "you two are little demons. This food is so good." I chuckle saying "I haven't eaten good food in a couple days. I probably haven't eaten in two days. This is so good." Eliza chuckles saying "well, eat it all cause my mom gets mad when I put leftovers in the fridge. She has a problem."

Eliza says "so what do we want with our apartment? My mom works in real estate, I'm sure we could find something through her sources or whatever." I say "well, we probably want three bed one bath." Eliza says "or two bedrooms, Murphy bed, and a bath." Eliza says "we'll have to buy desks too." I say "not if it's furnished probably. Most places that you buy with furniture have desks." Eliza says "that's smart. We could do that but we will probably have to buy desks still."

I say "we'll have to buy things anyway. Don't worry about it. We can worry about finding a roommate first then we can go into more details. We can't get an apartment if we can't get a roommate." Eliza says "true. Maybe our first year we can stay in dorms then by the next year we should have friends I'm guessing." We chuckle and Eliza says "we are pretty likable and he's hot" pointing at Mikey. Eliza says "we'll make friends" and we all chuckle. Mikey says "is that the reason I make friends easily?" I say "stop having an existential crisis. It's ok. No, but it really helps you out sometimes." Mikey chuckles saying "whatever, I'm a good person too. That's why you've stuck around cause you wouldn't take any of my shit." I chuckle saying "that's right."

Three months later

Turns out, we were able to find a roommate and he's really nice. I say "Mikey! Can you build my desk?" We've been here for a month and I'm finally getting around to building my desk and unpacking most of my stuff. Trent opens my door saying "you said you needed help?" I say "I'm having Mikey build my desk because I don't want to. He likes doing that stuff." Mikey comes in saying "ooo, fancy desk. Go away, I got this" kissing my cheeks. I go out to our sitting area and Mikey says "this is what I get for being the only non twink in this apartment."

I say "shush, you love this stuff." Mikey says "what are these letters you haven't opened?" I say "I don't want to talk about it." Mikey says "they're from the US government." I say "I know." Mikey comes out with a drill on his hip saying "you have to open these, Jay." I say "I'm scared, Michael." Mikey says "they can't be that bad if you didn't get a phone call too or even someone at your door. He's not even out of basics yet, he's not dead" sighing heavily. He hands me the letters and I open one saying "oh my god, this is fifteen hundred dollars made out to me." I look in the envelope and a note says:

My first check goes to you because you work so hard and you're the reason I'm making it through while I'm here. I miss you and I love you, sweetie. I'll see you in a couple months.

Much love, Ethan

I smile saying "this boy is crazy." Mikey says "I told you" and I say "these other two are addressed to him. I'm guessing they're other checks." Mikey says "he really loves you." I say "I know, I love him too" and Mikey smiles and goes back to my room to build my desk. Someone knocks on the door and Trent says "I'll get it." Eliza says "where is my man?" I say "building my desk" smiling and Eliza says "what a guy." I say "it's what he gets for giving the go ahead on another twink in the apartment."

Trent says "I'm sorry, who are you?" I hear the voice I've had in my head since he left say "I was told to come here when I got back." I say "oh my god" walking out of our apartment door to give him a big hug. Ethan smiles saying "hi, sweetie" and I say "hi." I kiss him slowly and he says "I love you" and I say "I love you so much." He kisses me again and I say "wait, I'm gonna surprise Mikey" quietly. He smiles and nods then I shut the door.

I go to my room saying "someone's at the door for you, Mikey. I'm not sure who it is but they said they were here to see you." Mikey says "alright" getting up off the floor and carefully setting the piece of my desk down that he just built. He opens the door and Ethan says "hey, buddy!" Mikey says "oh my god!" They hug and Eliza says "the bromance is still alive." I smile and Mikey says "so I started building a desk and you guys can't really have a room to yourself until I finish it. I can't leave it unfinished and" and Ethan interrupts him saying "yes, I'll help you finish it."

They both go into my room and I smile saying "I can't believe it" shaking my head. Trent says "who is that?" I say "that's Ethan. That's my boyfriend" smiling and Trent says "holy shit, six foot two. Two hundred pounds of godly man." I say "damn right." Trent says "that's a man. Screw Mikey being the hottest guy I know." I chuckle saying "I love him. You do not get a turn" Eliza and Trent both laughing with me.