12

I haven't talked to Alayna ever since she got back yesterday night and me and Umar haven't talk since yesterday night either.

He started going back to work and he would leave early in the mornings but would always sneak in my room to kiss me on my head. Even though I never got up to kiss him back i felt it.

Now. I have to clear up things.

We were wrong for sleeping with each other. Cheating isn't okay. Him cheating was not okay. There is no saving ourselves and to be completely honest i don't think either of us wants to. Alayna is a bitch and a snobby, mean person but nobody deserves that.

But like Umar said i want to be selfish. I deserve happiness after all of the bullshit I've been through. I haven't even been home. My stepmom probably won't even notice and her boy toy definitely won't either. I truly am at peace.

Like I said I've been in the house all month and only went out to sit on the porch in the mornings.

Back in high school I used to go for evening swims and it used to clear my mind and right about now i need that.

I look in Alayna's closet and search for some swimsuits since we're the same size. For some reason she has an extra closet in the guest bedroom aka my room.

I choose a red swimsuit with a gold chain on it. Its so cute and I haven't felt cute in a long time. I put my hair up in a messy bun and put on my cover up.

I walk down the stairs and into the dining room which leads to the pool. I don't what Umar does for work surprisingly but i know he's very successful and hard working.

I dropped my cover up and dove into the pool. The splash easily brought me back to the night but it was peaceful. I swam in a straight like for at least 10 minutes before i started just meditating in the pool which is just closing my eyes and doing whatever my body leads me to do.

I eventually get out because my body is shaking and I have worn myself out. I enter back in the door to the dining room and i hear screaming.

"You were watching her!" I hear Alayna say from the kitchen.

"Alayna calm down i was just seeing if she was okay. Come on I just got back from work." He said sounding annoyed. It always them fighting about me. Why was he even watching me while she was home anyways? Like he wants to start fights.

"You are disgusting. I found out that she's only 18. Are you really preying on a girl that just turned 18." She says and thats when i just can't let her make him seem like a predator.

"He isn't a predator. What is wrong with you? Everytime you argue with him you drag me into it." I say too cold to fight with this literal grown ass woman.

"You're a slut. I see the way my husband looks at you." She says coming close to me but Umar gets in front of me.

"Maybe if you were home then you wouldn't be so jealous of her and worried about me looking at her!" He screams in her face.

"I have a business. I can't be worried about you anymore." She says. And with that she leaves the room.

He stands there in front of me.

Frozen. Hurt.

I waited until i heard her close the door and then I stepped in front of him.

"Umar?" I asked. "Baby talk to me."

A tear slips down his cheek and I realize he just needs me to hold him.

So thats what I do. I hold on to him and he holds back.

"I don't want to be trapped anymore. Please don't make me go back baby." He finally says fully sobbing now.

Thats what he meant that night he came in drunk. He was alone for so long even though he was in a marriage. I'm not letting go of him. I can't. Not now. It's too late.