Shattered

Elijah went into school feeling hopeful despite how slow he was, and the fact that he couldnt use the stairs. Hed have to tell people he had fallen or something.

       The whole day elijah could feel ryan glaring at him in all the classes he had with him. He felt so violated, not only from the picture ryan had taken of him, but also the fact that hed always be on his radar. Hed always be watched. By ryan and all the other crips.

      But everything felt okay when the last period of the day came. He had this class with noah, and he sat right by him.

      He sat his bag down and looked right to noah.
"Hey noah! Look, im back! My legs doing fine," eli said excitedly. He wanted to hear noahs support and happiness about his recovery. However, all noah did was scratch his head and nod, barely looking at him.

      He felt his heart break a little. He continued trying to start a conversation with noah, but no luck. Noah was completely uninterested.

    Then the bell rang. Everyone had left, and noah was the second to last one about to leave, infront of elijah. Before noah walked out the door, elijah yanked his bag. "What the hell noah! Youre just gonna ignore me? I mean i know this i n-" elijah was cut off by noah pulling him into a deep kiss. Elijah relaxed and put his arms around noahs neck, pulling him down onto him. Elijah sat on top of the desk behind him, and noahs arms locked him in on either side of him. They made out for a minute before noah pulled away.

      "Im so sorry eli," he said. "Im...im moving schools. This wont work." Elijahs heart shattered right there. His eyes began to water and he felt desperate. "No... no noah! We can still make this work! We can be long distance!" He pleaded. "No, it wont work, we cant do this elijah." He said again. "But why! We wont be that far away right? We can still see eachother. Are you afraid because were both boys? It can be a secret! I wont tell anyone i swear i-"

"ELIJAH!" Noah shouted. "I SAID IT WONT WORK!"
Noah watched eli close his mouth and look with desperation and fear. Noah calmed down and sighed. "I have a girlfriend elijah. Ive been pretty serious about her for a while. Look, what we have is fun and all, i just...cant be committed to you."

    Elijah felt himself tearing up again before running out of the classroom. Noah chased after him and calling his name, but elijah got away. It was for the better.