Interrogation

Elijah came back home feeling like shit. He didnt know what to do with himself. He didnt even speak to the oven, the thing he called his girlfriend for some reason. He just went to his room and cried. He had texted hunter what happened on the van ride back home so hunter wouldnt be surprised he was sad when he got there.
And hunter had just messaged back.
"Okay... but... and officer wants to come talk to you..."

Oh no. What was elijah gonna do? He had to lie to the police, he couldnt risk that picture getting out, or hunter getting hurt.

The officer and hunter arrived at the same time. Hunter helped elijah to the living room where the officer was.

"Good evening, im officer molly wingrove," the lady said, showing her badge. "Im here to ask you some questions about what happened at the gas station."
"Okay," eli answered. He could feel himself sweating.

"Can you describe the man that did this to you in any way?" She asked. "N-no i only know that he was wearing all black," elijah lied.
The officer continued. "Do you know if this is related to any kind of gang violence?"
"Um... i dont know," he lied once more.
"Alright, can you describe the vehicle he was in?"
"It was black. I cant remember what kind or anything else."
"Alright, thank you elijah, we'll get this sorted out as soon as we can."

The police officer left his house and he felt calm again. There was so much going on in his life, he didnt want to speak to anyone anymore.

Many days later

Elijah was called to the police station. They called claiming they think they had found the man who shot elijah. Part of him hoped ryan had been caught, but then again, the whole gang of crips would probably come after him.

Hunter came with eli for support. They went into the station and saw officer wingrove next to a man in handcuffs. It was... Jermaine richter?

The officer approached the two with jermaine. "This man was looking suspicious when he was out on the road today. I had a feeling this might be the man who shot you." Hunter quickly chimed in, "No, molly, he doesnt even own a black car? He doesnt fit elijahs description!"
Elijah saw an opportunity. If he put the blame on jermaine, they would easily believe it and then the whole thing with ryan would be left behind and the picture would be deleted.
"Yes officer. Thats the man who shot me." Elijah said confidently.
"What the fuck?" Jermaine said. "I didnt fucking shoot him, this is all because im black!"

"Tell it to the judge" officer molly said, taking him away.

"Fuck you elijah," jermaine said angrily while being taken back.

"Oh my god... i cant... i cant believe hed do that.." hunter said. It was a lie, hunter COULD believe it, but that was just because he was a little racist.

Hunter drove elijah back home, and for once, elijah felt a little peace in his life.