【Chapter 2】

SEVERAL MONTHS LATER

It's been several months now that Beadie was officially part of the Shadow Company, but she still couldn't get used to the rush that each mission gave her.

Especially when Commander Graves was with her.

Not long ago she got promoted to being his second-in-command, clearly impressing him with her skills. She was officially a Munitions and Missile Maintenance Officer, but she was also a really good pilot. She spoke multiple languages and was very ambitious, always fighting to get a better spot in her team.

She wanted to prove she belonged there just as much as everybody else.

Graves saw potential in her. He took her under his wings, always pushing her to be better till she became one of the best. In such a short period Beadie, also nicknamed Poison Ivy earned her place as the second-in-command. Which was also great because she liked spending time with Philip Graves.

Every time he complimented her, touched her fleetingly, or just looked into her eyes for a little longer than needed, she felt her heart flutter. She felt a pull towards him for a few months now, which only grew strongereach time she caught a glimpse of his dark side.

Usually, Graves was a sweet and charming man. His clear eyes and charming smile were the first things that pulled Beadie in, but it was his dark and morally gray things that kept her there. She liked watching him during interrogations especially. There was just something about a man that could be so charming one minute and then switch completely and threaten someone.

Beadie had a questionable dating history. She always fell for the bad boys, the ones every mother tried to shelter their daughter. But the more dangerous, the more exciting. She liked the thrill, the danger. And she got a crush really easily.

Her friends in high school said she was a maneater. She liked the term 'adventurous' more. She liked to explore what she liked, what was her type, and what she wanted. Even if that meant she got her way with numerous boys in school and got her heart broken many times. She just couldn't help but get drawn to the ones with a darker aura around them.

And even though Philip Graves smiled and joked around a lot, she could feel the darkness around him.

When boys looked like they could break your heart, chances are, they going to shatter it. But Beadie never learned from her mistake and craved the same thrill, the buzz that a man like him could give.

Too bad he was busy giving out orders and barely acknowledging her more than his second-in-command.

"All right, Shadows!" he clapped his hands together, his voice ringing loud and clear through the helicopter. "We are the extraction. We are helping the Mexican Special Forces and 141, they are our brothers from now. Show 'em the way we handle things, boys, yeah?"

"Yep-yep!" the shout came in unison from the back while Beadie sat in the pilot seat, flicking a few switches above her head.

"Yep-yep," she echoed with a small smile on her face, adjusting the headphones on her head. "One click away from target. Get ready. Who are we?"

"Lightsout boys!" the men replied in the back, their strong voices drowning out her laugh.

As the second-in-command, she got the chance to have a few people as her own team. This was still just a trial period, testing out her team leader abilities, but she loved every second of it. She and all five of her team members got along well, they got their own inner jokes and viewed each other as almost family. They were surprisingly welcoming towards Beadie, not like in her other squad.