【Chapter 13】

a/n: i'd recommend listening to moonlight by kali uchis, it's just the perfect vibe for this chapter, especially for the second half. enjoy!!

The next day, Beadie ignored Graves for the most part.

He only asked about the mission, never paying mind to her soul and mind. So she treated him with the same coldness and profession. She did her own thing after that. She tidied her room up a little bit, and hung out with her squad, enjoying how they didn't treat her any differently.

Emerson jocked and jumped all around her, making her laugh. She didn't remember when was the last time she laughed with anyone else than Alejandro since she got back. It felt good, she started feeling normal again.

The balance of life got restored when Devon smacked Sam on the head again for "being dumb again". The two of them then decided it was best to decide who was the dumb one by seeing who could do the most push-ups. Beadie only rolled her eyes at them but decided to sit around and see who won.

Then Jax came around with a bottle of water in his head, just getting back from his morning run. He joined the two idiots for the fun of it, beating both of them despite just having his own workout.

"Stop whining and just do better, pussies," Jax dusted off his hands as he went on his way. He kicked his previous water bottle which happened to hit Devon on the face. Sam couldn't breathe from how hard he was laughing.

But the moment the doors burst open, all the familiar warmth and joy left as a clearly pissed-off Alejandro stormed inside. Devon continued to curse Sam but their banter faded away as Beadie watched the Colonel hurry down the corridor. She had never seen him angry and this was so new to her, she didn't know what to do.

Should I go after him?

Beadie shook the thought away with a motion of her head, but as she sat there on the couch biting her lower lip, the pull towards him grew in her with each moment. A few minutes later she went against her mind and stood from her seat, heading to where she saw Alejandro disappear a few minutes ago.

Her sneakers carried her down the hallway fast, blessing the thought when she decided against her combat boots. They always gave her feet blisters and her right pinky toe always got crushed for whatever reason. But with her trusty sneakers, she could run around the world with no problem.

It took some time till she found him at the back of the building, pacing outside. For a few moments, Beadie just watched him through the door, contemplating whether she should disturb him or not. His jaw clenched and relaxed again and again, his hands curling into fists by his side as he paced up and down. He reminded her of a lion ready to attack, the rage buzzing in his veins.

But Beadie liked to ignore red flags so she opened the door and stepped outside.

"What the fuck do you want?" his Spanish words cut through the warm air, his back facing her. With his gear on and obvious annoyance, his stance was wider and the air around him was just more dangerous. Just how she liked it.

"I guess the interrogation went well," Beadie switched to Spanish smoothly as she slipped her hands in her pockets and kicked a rock with her shoes.

The way he twisted around so fast made her smile. Guilt took over his previous furious features as he took a step towards her, lips pursing.

"I'm sorry," he apologized instantly, her sweet smile momentarily knocking the air out of his lungs. "I- Yeah, it went well."