【Chapter 10】

The sound of the dead body dropping on the floor was louder than a thunder in Beadie's ears.

Her shaking hands grasped the gun in her hand like her life depended on it, her chest rising and falling rapidly. She barely registered as Alejandro's gloved hands grasped her waist as he turned around, ready to pull her away from harm's way.

But as both of them watched the dark blood pool around the guard's head on the ground, his phone scattered next to him, it was pretty clear they were safe. For now.

"You okay?" Alejandro's gentle voice pulled her out of her momentary shock that she just killed a man.

With her eyes still glued to the body on the floor, she gave him a small nod. Alejandro's hand gave a reassuring squeeze to her waist before he lifted her to sit beside him. He took his gun back from her gently, hurrying to check on the guard while Beadie took a second to collect herself.

This all took a turn. She was supposed to have one more day here before the others would burst inside. But it looks like the plan changed.

"You came early," Beadie spoke up, her voice hoarse and quiet. She doubted he even heard her, but the abrupt stop of his step said otherwise. "Did they get my message?"

"Yes, Bella. I heard you."

Beadie turned and looked above her shoulder, her eyes finding him instantly. He stood there in all his glory, clad in a suit and a mask, only the darkness of his eyes giving him away. They held each other's gaze for a few seconds before he tucked the gun back into his waistband, her eyes following the motion.

He heard me. So he came to help.

The woman sat on the couch, her bottom lip between her teeth as she watched Alejandro drag the dead body behind the couch, out of sight from anyone who would walk in. Sure, there was still a pool of blood on the floor, but on the dark marble, it didn't stand out that much. If someone was drunk enough they wouldn't even notice.

Like they didn't notice the gun being fired. The loud music and chatter outside probably drowned it out. And a lot of the guests here were already high as a kite or drunk enough to not give it a second thought.

Alejandro gave her a few more seconds to collect herself, dusting off his gloves as he sneaked a glance at her. Even though she tried to hide behind her hair that fell around her like a golden waterfall, he noticed how she wiped under her eyes, wiping away a few stray tears.

Feeling the weight of his gaze on her, Beadie cleared her throat and stood from the couch, making her way towards him. Once the danger was gone and her adrenaline vanished with it, she felt utterly exposed in front of him in such a dress. And the thought that she was just grinding on him looking like this made her cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

Beadie circled her arms around her in a self-soothing manner, her eyes wandering back to where he just hid the body. She wasn't sorry for killing him, all of the staff here were disgusting people. She just wasn't used to killing people directly like this. Her ways were poisonous attacks or air support, and none of those required her to watch them drop to the floor like this.

None of those forced her to feel the weight of taking a life.

Alejandro brushed his jacket off in a swift motion and handed it to her.

"I can't," Beadie looked back up at him, even though she wanted nothing more than to cover herself up. "It would look suspicious if I went out dressed in a guard's clothes."

He let out a disapproving grunt as he shook his head, seemingly fed up with this whole place. Or with her. She didn't quite know.

"You're right," he agreed, shrugging the grey jacket back on. At least it disguised his gun better. "Now come on, I'll get you out of here."