【Chapter 9】

Rumor has it, 4 men had died the previous night.

And Beadie's chest was filled with pride at the sound of that.

As she applied the heavy makeup on her face again the next night, she had not an ounce of remorse in her body. She felt calm and collected, more at ease that there was less filth making the girls' lives hell.

One of her victims was Carlos. He got the most dosage of her poison that night, and the symptoms started appearing not long after the guards had dragged a dead body out of the private room. Carlos started to sweat at first, complaining that he felt dizzy. His friends said he drank too much.

Carlos said he hadn't drunk enough. So he poured another two glasses of the whiskey spiced with hemlock.

After two hours, he was in such a bad condition Evan had to escort him out. With that, Beadie had to return to the other girls on the mattress. With eternal calmness casting over her features, she leaned back and watched as hell broke loose. Most of the men got away with some sickness, dizziness and vomiting all over the place.

Not the four fuckers that were insatiable, though. Their greedy, dirty ass got what they deserved.

The new night's theme was red. This was probably the most important night in the mansion, with all of the girls doing their best to look their absolute best. Beadie did the same for her own sake. Feeling pretty and not dirty was all she cared about in that minute.

The red chiffon satin dress had such a deep neckline it reached almost to her mid-section. She wasn't that gifted in the boob department but she made it work with what she had. The dress cinched around her waist, then got more flowy around her hips. As usual, it was almost too short but she got used to it by now.

If you haven't felt the breeze on your ass cheeks, you weren't doing your job right.

Tonight, Beadie settled on smoky eyes and made her eyelashes as big as they could get. The bruise on her cheek started to darken and making her job harder as she tried to cover it up. It was still sensitive to the touch, but she just had to make sure to stick to the dark and cover her face. She finished her makeup with dark lipstick on her lips.

Beadie popped her dark red-coated lips just as Isabel passed behind her. She smoothed a caring hand over the blonde's shoulder as she passed, hurrying to help another girl, Carmen curl her hair. The blonde took a second to admire how she always managed to be there for anyone who needed a helping hand or a friendly smile.

Isabel was a smart and strong woman, something Beadie aspired to be. Isabel always had a few encouraging or soothing words to the girls, she always got ready first so she could help the others and she always made sure to sneak some food out whenever Beadie skipped lunch or dinner.

When all hell broke loose, Diego ordered the guards to escort the girls back to their rooms. Everybody was frantic and nobody understood what happened, but once the girls quieted down and went to sleep, Beadie grasped the opportunity to contact her team.

"There will be a big party tomorrow. Sin Nombre will be here."

That's all she managed to whisper down the line when the girl next to her stirred in her sleep. Beadie couldn't risk exposing herself so she put the small device back under her pillow and tried to get some sleep. She barely managed a few hours, and even those were restless.

But as Beadie sat at her usual table getting ready, she felt numb. Maybe it was the tiredness, maybe it was the sobbing every night coming from Dolores, or the heavy feeling of helplessness, but Beadie felt her soul die here every day a little. She only spent a week here and she couldn't imagine the suffering all the other women had to go through. Because for some of them, this was just life.