【Chapter 5】

A gunshot ripped through the air, Beadie's body flinching at the sound.

But as she looked around, her eyes scanning the crowd around her, barely anyone was shaken by the sound. Almost like it was normal here, which disturbed her deeply.

"Next!" the guard in the front yelled, their long line moving forward a little.

Somehow, Alejandro was able to get her so far by pulling a few strings. Now she had a new identity and was ready to go to play waitress for the Mexican cartel, which wasn't how she expected her Thursday night to go.

The warm night wrapped around her like a blanket, her palms already sweating from the nerves. Subtly, Beadie pulled her red mini-dress lower, mentally cursing her team for forcing her into such revealing clothing.

But their intel said she had to dress up and look 'hot'. So she just did that, waiting for Graves' approval. But he barely glanced in her direction as he nodded, already busy planning out how to get her inside. The only approval she got was from the Los Vaqueros, Alejandro's team as they whistled when she walked by.

Even in high heels, Beadie was considered short between all these beautiful women, who all waited in line with her. All of them looked like models, some of them curvier or thinner, but beautiful nonetheless. But even their heavily applied make-up couldn't hide their worrisome expressions or their reddened eyes.

Her whole body buzzed with the need to at least talk to someone. Beadie loved to talk to other people, her extroverted soul craving some interaction, but then she remembered Ghost's advice. Don't speak unless you're spoken to. Don't let them know you understand them.

And from what she heard, everybody spoke Spanish here, some English words shouted by the guards. And that meant she had to keep to herself, which was a hard task. But this was her only chance, she couldn't blow it.

As she waited in the line, Beadie took in her environment one more time, trying to remember each entrance point and the positions of the guards. The building had multiple levels and it was beautiful, getting distracted by the beautiful supporting beams and the way everything was lighted just the right way. If it wasn't for the danger hanging above her head, she would've loved to explore this place.

After half an hour of lining up, she finally got closer to the entrance where two guards stood. Both of their faces were hidden by a black balaclava, assault rifles hanging from their shoulders. They were muscular, tall men and from their stance, it was obvious not to mess with them. Nervousness made her hands tremble slightly, watching as the tall brunette woman in the front walked and then stopped in front of them.

She had a nice body, but her face wasn't conventionally attractive per se. In Beadie's opinion she was still beautiful, her long brown hair reaching to her waist and long legs on display in her too-short skirt, her cheeks almost hanging out.

Then one of the guards shook his head and told her something the blonde woman didn't catch.

"P-please!" the woman begged in Spanish, her high voice catching the attention around them. "I need to go inside, I can't go back like this! I need money-"

The other guard on the left stepped forward and pointed the gun straight at the woman. Beadie let out a gasp, her eyes widening at the sight. The woman kept on pleading, clutching her hands together when two other guards came from the back, dragging the woman out of the line. Her desperate cries mixed with hurt and panic as the guards dragged her toward the woods.

They never saw the woman ever again.

With the previous scene pressing down on them, the next woman stepped forward, her legs wobbling slightly. She had gorgeous tan skin, long black curls, and an amazing emerald green dress enhancing her curves. Even Beadie couldn't stop herself from admiring her. She was jealous of her boobs.