【Chapter 11】

When Beadie was a teenager, her biggest dream was to fall in love.

But she didn't want any love. She wanted the scorching one, the one that made your heart beat faster, the almost sinful one, the one that could sweep her off her feet.

She wanted something like her parents had.

They met in high school and she was the product of a too-overwhelming teenage romance. Her mother gave birth to Beadie when she was seventeen, and her father was only eighteen. But they were happy and it was clear they would do anything for each other.

But to her mother, her father came first. Beadie was never the most important, even in her family.

And Beadie adored her father, even though she didn't get to see him too much. He was a pilot in the Air Force, and that meant they as a family couldn't spend too much time together. Her mother was always sad and grumpy whenever her father wasn't there with them.

And then, not long before her graduation, her father died during a mission. Beadie's mother never smiled after that, like all the life got sucked out of her with the death of her husband.

Their love was true love. One in a million. At least that is what Beadie thought, remembering how they acted and looked at each other.

But the way Alejandro was pressing against her body, filling her head with sinful and unholy thoughts, she was almost positive she was incapable of such a heartwarming love.

Death and danger hung above their head, breathing down their necks and here she was, catching involuntarily feelings like she always did. She was always too quick to fall for someone, to catch feelings. And to her misfortune, Alejandro proved to be her new hyperfixation.

She took in a breath, trying to clear her mind. She was sure the seven months without any action with someone was the one to blame for this.

They were just barely able to hide in a little corner in the hallway, away from a few guards who were on patrol. They were talking carelessly, but they were too far away for Beadie to understand their words.

Her mostly naked back pressed against the cold stone wall behind her, while her front scorched with the heat Alejandro's body radiated into her, the warmth reaching her heart.

"What's the plan?" Beadie whispered up to him, her head falling back against the wall. Tilting her head, she tried to catch his gaze but his head was turned in the direction of the guards, ready to jump at them.

"I need to find Soap," he murmured back, his deep voice making goosebumps appear on her skin. She hoped he didn't notice. "Then we need to find Sin Nombre."

"There's a sicaria here," Beadie remembered, her eyes widening a little in excitement. This finally caught his attention, making him look down at her.

Her face heated up from how close he was, his left arm resting next to her head, while the other grasped his gun. The closeness and how his face was so close to hers made her breath stop for a few seconds, admiring his eyes.

"And?" he pressed. She was sure her already red face just turned a few shades darker.

"Uhm- A man talked about her yesterday. They wanted to buy drugs from Sin Nombre and smuggle them over the border."

"Where's this man?"

"Dead," Beadie frowned. They could've gotten some information from him if she could've controlled her urges. "Sorry."

Amusement twinkled in his dark eyes as he shook his head, but he didn't seem upset.

"But I think the rest of his team is still alive," the blonde piped up, trying to save her reputation. She didn't want to seem unprofessional by not getting any intel during her stay.