【Epilogue】

The rays of the Sun seemed brighter than ever as she watched Alejandro escort Valeria to a nearby car. The two of them still went to each other's throats and Beadie wanted to know the history between the two. It seemed more interesting than most of the thrash shows she used to watch.

The blonde woman kept her distance from 141 as they said their goodbyes to the Vaqueros. It felt like a private moment she didn't want to interfere with since she didn't belong to them. She belonged somewhere else.

Her eyes involuntarily shifted towards the sight where Philip Graves lost his life, her eyes watering slightly. It wasn't because of sadness – he tried to kill Soap and Rudy with a tank, for God's sake. That's a different kind of crazy she never knew. But she mourned the moments that they cherished when everything was good.

She wasn't there when Soap blew his whole tank up. She only heard it from the hangar. The explosion was so loud she knew something was wrong. She sprinted out there, only to watch her Commander go up in flames, black thick smoke reaching for the sky. She didn't love him – she never did, only enjoyed the slight attention she got from him –, but still, she couldn't stop the tears from streaming down her face.

Another life she failed to save.

"Hey, blondie!"

The familiar voice caused her to turn around, forcing a smile on her face. She locked eyes with Soap, his grin almost as bright as the Sun above them. It was good to see that he was alright, only sporting a few cuts and bruises from his fight with Graves.

"You came to return my gun, MacTavish?" Beadie drew an eyebrow at him, but there was a glint in her eyes that let him know she was just messing with him.

"Well, no," he let out a small chuckle and hooked his fingers under his vest. "I just came to apologize."

She might've hit her head pretty hard before, but she didn't think it was that bad.

"What?"

"The thing people do when they misunderstood something or did something bad-"

"No, not that," the woman cut him off, her tone suddenly losing all joy from before. "You don't have to apologize for anything. It was a shitty situation but we all made it."

Not all, but close enough.

"Sorry for the punch nonetheless," he eyes the side of her face where a bruise started to form in the shape of her gun which he smacked her with. "And sorry for your men."

Deciding not to let it show how hurt she was, Beadie smiled at him and reached a hand towards him.

"We're all good, Soap," she said as they shook hands, this being their goodbye. "You guys take care."

He started to back away as he saluted her, her smile now less forced than before as she watched him head back to his team. There was an aircraft already waiting for them to pick them up and continue with their mission, which she didn't know that much about. And now that Graves was dead, she had no idea if she had any business with it still.

As Beadie watched 141 get on their ramp, a weird, hollow feeling made its home next to her heart. She didn't have the best experience with them but she will still miss them. She was the kind of person who struggled to let people out of her life, but in the past few days, she lost eighty percent of her friends and family. And she didn't quite know how to cope with that.

Holding a hand to her abdomen, she tried to soothe the pain that still lingered in her bones. Jax's shot would've been lethal if it wasn't for the kevlar west Rodolfo gave her before heading out. It was thinner than usual and not the best quality, hence why there was such a huge bruise already on her abdomen.