Rule 5

Rule 5.  (Not proofread so please ignore any errors, I will fix them later).

            I was awoken the next morning with a horrific, freezing cold splash of water on my bare stomach. I yelped and tried to spring upwards, simultaneously banging my head on the headboard.

            "Shit," I hissed and instinctively curled up to cover my stomach. With it being the morning, I was a bit out of it, but it was soon clear who was behind the water.

            I looked up groggily to see Ash standing above me, grinning, with a cup of water that felt like it had come straight out of the arctic ocean.

            "Good morning, sunshine," he chided, resting one arm on the wall. Instead of watching him, I tried to shuffle around and find my duvet, which had disappeared from my bed. Grumbling, I pulled my t-shirt back down over my belly. As I did, some more water splashed down the back of my neck.

            "Get out, you prat," I growled and twisted away from him. The feeling of the water trickling down my back tickled and I blew out through my lips with an irritated grumble.

            "Payback's a bitch," he commented, cocking his head to the side. I narrowed my eyes and moved backwards away from him, only to fall backwards off the bed and onto the floor. Cursing again, I rubbed my sore back and looked up at the ceiling. I was surprised that I was able to fall off something in the room I was in, it was so small, it could barely fit everything I needed in it.

            Ash snapped me out of my daze by wiggling the cup and grinning.

            "Don't even think about it," I warned but he raised an eyebrow and I knew that I'd said the wrong thing.

            "Did you just tell me what to do?" he questioned, walking slowly towards me. I shook my head and tried to get to my feet.

            "Nope, far from it. Please just put the water down," I blurted. A smile appeared on his face, creating a small dimple in his smooth, tanned skin. His dark hair, like always, was tousled from where he'd barely done anything to it and he was still in his jogger bottoms and a wife beater. Clearly, he had more important things to do than get dressed and shave. Like shoving water on the poor, innocent and unsuspecting girl in the room across the hall.

            The night before, after I had brutally attacked him with an ice cube to the leg, he'd chased me all the way down the stairs and into the lobby. That was where we both ran into Dev (literally) and I'd hidden behind him until Ash went back upstairs. When we got up there, nothing more was said about the ice and I'd hoped that he'd forgotten about it. I bloody hate karma.