Rule 31 - The Final Rule.

Rule 31 - Not proofread! Please ignore any mistakes, I'll fix them in the final edit. This is the end, there isn't going to be an epilogue or sequel.

                "Have you put chilli powder in my plaster cast?" Ash asked, shooting me a look as he hobbled on his crutches. I let out a chuckle and held the door open for him.

                "I'm a genius, not evil. No, I haven't," I told him. He just shook his head at me statement, his hair falling over his eyes. Luckily, because there was little damage to his brain, they didn't have to operate and just left him on strong painkillers to wait out the concussion.

                "Has he been let out?" Ash asked, his voice doubtful as we reached his dad's room. I could see why he would think so, it was unusual for the lights to be off.

                "I don't think so," I said and opened the door, peering inside. Daryl was sitting in the chair, rather than the bed, doing some hamstring stretches.

                I held the door open and the moment Ash struggled inside, his father got up and wordlessly wrapped his arms around him. Instead of getting in the way, I went over to Daryl's hospital bed and sat down silently, letting them hug it out.

                The sight was heart warming and although Ash would deny it, there were tears rimming in his eyes.

                "Hey, Dad," he said with a small grin. Daryl pulled back and sat down in the chair, gesturing towards the bed for Ash. He took his seat at the foot of the bed and started to talk to his dad about the race.

                Turns out, he couldn't even remember showing up, or our argument, he could only remember waking up in the hospital and seeing me.

                "Why is your cast pink?" Daryl asked, looking at Ash's leg in shock. Ash groaned and jabbed his finger in my direction.

                "I was out so couldn't pick the colour. Someone thought it would be funny to pick it for me," he said flatly and I grinned.

                "Pink suits you. It brings out your inner girl," I chided.

                "I had no inner girl," he hissed and I smirked as he turned back to look at his dad, who was grinning.

                While Ash and his dad were talking and catching up, I'd managed to find the remote to the bed. There were several buttons with little icons by the side, showing the different positions that the bed could go into.

                Curiously, I clicked the top button, making the bottom of the bed rise suddenly. Ash made a strangled yelp, leaning on his crutches for support. He turned around and gave me a look. He watched, amusement dancing in his eyes as I put the remote back and folded my hands into my lap.