Rule 21

Rule 21 - (not proofread, as per usual. Ignore any mistakes, I'll fix them in the final edit, thanks).

Rule 21

            Ash's time as the cute boyfriend had officially come to an end.

            When I got home from work, the day after our trip to the aquarium, I went to drop down onto my bed for a nap, only for it to collapse beneath me.

            "Asher!" I seethed, walking into the living room. Dev looked up at the sound of my voice and let out a wry chuckle.

            "You knew about this!" I accused, but my cousin merely shrugged.

            "I knew about the cups and didn't tell Ash, I'm not taking sides," he informed me and went back to looking through a manual for Ash's bike.

            I heard movement in the kitchen and when Ash emerged, he was grinning and holding a screwdriver.

            "Next time you put chilli powder in my toothpaste, think twice," he chided and I rolled my eyes.

            "What did you do to my bed?" I asked and my boyfriend smirked.

            "Oh, nothing. Just unscrewed every single bolt that holds it together," he said. My jaw  hit the floor and my eyes bugged out of my head.

            "What? Put them back!" I exclaimed but he walked towards me and pulled out my hand. I watched him as he dropped the screwdriver into my palm and closed my fingers around the handle.

            "Let's hope you're as good D.I.Y as you are drawing, love," he said and patted my shoulder before swerving around me.

            "I can't do D.I.Y," I deadpanned, watching him drop onto the sofa.

            "That's unfortunate. Enjoy the floor," he said, dismissing me with wave his hand.

            I wasn't going to enjoy the floor, so instead of giving him the amusement of struggling, I went into my room and set to work on trying to work out what went where. The legs were all sprawled across the floor and the planks that held the mattress up were out of place.

            "Ash," I called and he appeared in the doorway a moment later, giving me an amused smile.

            "Yes, dear?" I responded with narrowed eyes and pulled myself to my feet.

            "You're coming to the hardware store with me," I told him and put the screwdriver down on my mattress.

            "Why?"

            "Because you did this and I need another one of those bolt things," I replied, gesturing to a few of the nuts and bolts that were missing from the underside of the bed. Ash rolled his eyes, but stood aside and let me go first regardless.