Rule 12

Rule 12 (Not proofread so please ignore any mistakes, I'll fix them all at the end!)

            Ash's bruises were starting to fade a bit and so were his grunts of pain. That was nothing to say that he still wasn't milking the hell out of his injuries. Dev had been running around for him all week, making sure that he was comfortable. I didn't know if he lived alone or with his mother when he disappeared for the weekend, but I hadn't heard from him since Friday night when he left.

            "Have any of your parents clicked on about college yet?" Sid asked as she served around the side of the bar. I grimaced, not really knowing the answer.

            "Well, Melinda seemed convinced that I was going so I suppose she went back and told them that. I'm just worried about the college sending my parents a letter or something, telling them that I haven't been turning up." Sid nodded at my words and put her glass down on the counter.

            "Not trying to be captain of the negative here, but it's likely that they'll do that," Matt cut in, looking up from what he was doing on the till. I shrugged and sighed.

            "Well, as Dev said, if they do send an email or whatever home, we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it," I reasoned. Sid nodded and Matt looked back at the till.

            "You've got a job now and you're almost eighteen. You can legally move out and live with Dev up here then," Sid responded, taking out another tray of drinks.

            I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a bit worried about everything blowing up in my face. My dad would do his nut if he found out I was living with two boys, let alone living with two boys, working in a pub and dropping out of school.

            "Perk up, kiddo. You get to go in half an hour," Matt chided, writing the takings down on a sheet of paper. I blew through my fringe and looked at him with a sad look.

            "I'd rather stay here. I think Ash is coming home today and I seem to be stuck on babysitting duty when Dev works," I grunted. Matt let out a bark of laughter.

            "Smart guy. Put it this way, if you got yourself seriously injured and you lived with an attractive guy, wouldn't you want him at your beck and call?" he asked. I threw a straw at him and smiled.

            "Don't try and make this right," I retorted. Matt threw the straw back and started to take the papers into the office.

            "I just tried and succeeded. You can go now, if you like," he said, glancing at the clock. I nodded and grabbed my jacket from behind the bar.