Rule 25

Rule 25 - Not proofread, please ignore any mistakes, I'll fix 'em later.

Dedication: - Happy Birthday! Have a lovely day. :)

            I woke up in the early hours of that morning due to a nightmare and decided against going back to bed. Instead, I sat on the sofa with Ash's jumper and tried to work my way through Inception without shivering.

            "I know they say early bird gets the worm and all that, love, but it's three in the morning," Ash said with sleep laced through his voice as he entered the living room.

            "I can't sleep," I answered absently and stared at the wall.

            "What's up?" he asked, joining me on the sofa. He didn't try to put his arm around me, he just nudged me with his elbow.

            "Nothing," I said and slumped down on the cushions. He nudged me again and when I didn't answer, dug his finger in my side, causing me to jolt.

            "There is a rule against tickling!" I yelped and moved myself away from him. He smirked and held his hands up in defence.

            "Tell me your problem and I won't be forced to sink to that level," he told me with a shrug. I leaned back on the sofa with a sigh and shot him a look.

            "I visited the tracks yesterday for the first time since the funeral. I just... can't sleep." He nodded and picked up the T.V remote. "No," I scolded, snatching it back.

            Ash's eyebrows rose and he shot me a curious look. I put the remote behind my back and pointed towards the door. "Go back to bed," I instructed and he shook his head.

            "Not if you're staying in here," he argued, taking the remote back. Rolling my eyes, I leaned over and tried to grab it again. He gently clasped my hip and rolled the fabric of his jumper between his fingers. "You look better in my clothes than I do," he added, looking between us.

            "Wow, did Asher Toms just admit someone looked better than he did?" I asked, feigning shock. I reached to grab the remote again, but he merely chuckled, holding it further away.

            "And I'm regretting it. That's the last compliment you'll be getting for a while," he told me and put the remote on the floor behind the sofa.

            "Ash, go to bed," I repeated, but he shook his head. I watched as he sprawled out on the sofa, leaving me little room to sit upright.

            "No, if I need sleep, I'll nod off here. Lay down," he instructed and patted his chest. Instead of arguing and only causing more of a dispute, I settled against him and let the ups and downs of his breathing lull me back to sleep.

            Ash woke me up a mere few hours later by standing and letting me fall to the floor.