Girl's girl

"Let me out!" I bang on the bedroom door, having been literally carried and locked in here after a heated argument with the eldest man in the living room

He said I couldn't go home because I'm a 'loose end', aka a witness to their killing and an apparent danger because I could reveal their location to the other members of my cartel.

They didn't believe me when I said I had nothing to do with that cartel, even after my hysterical pleading. Maybe it's because I withheld some information, like how I only accepted that job because of my desperate circumstances. I have too much pride to reveal that to a stranger.

I've been locked in this room for an hour while they, and I quote 'decide what to do with me'.

I don't like it, the feeling of being trapped. I spent too long of my life living that way and I'll be damned if I spend any longer of it at anyone else's mercy.

With determination coursing through my veins I approach the window, staring down at the three story drop. Fuck it, I mumble to myself, gripping the window frame and preparing to hoist myself up.

"I hope you're not planning to jump," Someone husks, a hint of amusement lacing their voice. I snap my head towards the door, having been too distracted to notice the sound of it opening.

"I want to leave," I seethe, my fear being replaced with anger.

"Well that's not happening just yet," He replies softly. "My dad says-"

"I don't give a shit what your dad says, this is illegal," I rant, cutting him off. "It's kidnapping," I add, glaring at him.

His amused smirk morphs into an annoyed frown as he glares right back at me.

"I was going to say.. my dad said we can release you after a week or two once we preform a background check," He mutters.

"But if you'd like me to go back out there and tell him to go ahead with his original plan to bury you in the woods I'm all for it," He shrugs, his green eyes staring into mine.

I swallow, the stress of the situation overwhelming me.

"Sorry," I mumble begrudgingly, not really being sorry at all but not wanting to anger the only person here that seems to be in my corner.

"You'll be locked in this room the entire time, we'll provide food and books to keep you entertained but you'll have no access to the internet or the outside world until we confirm that you have no part in the cartel," He explains as he walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

The sound of the door locking echos through the now silent room, reminding me how alone I am. Although I'm glad they decided not to kill me, being kept here is still a hindrance.

If I don't return to the hostel after a couple of days they'll give my bed to someone else which is not ideal considering that all my stuff is still there.