Cat and mouse

"Never go to bed angry," I taunt, mimicking the saying our mum always reminded us growing up

"I know I know," Lucian sighs, ashing out his blunt before heading towards his room to apologise to Harper. 

Tyler and Miles argue about who gets to pick the movie as I scroll through my phone, having mastered the ability to zone out their bickering. They finally settle on a movie but as soon as it's turned on a panicked looking Lucian comes storming back into the room.

"She's not here," He exclaims, his body tense as he pulls out his phone. "What?" Miles questions, pausing the tv.

"Harper. She's gone," He rushes out, typing on his phone furiously. "I searched the whole house for her and she's not here, plus that Serena girl is nowhere to be found," He rants.

I sit up straight, perched on the edge of the sofa as theories start rattling around in my head.

"I swear to god Emilio if she did anything to Harper because you insisted on bringing her into our home I will fucking kill you," He grits and I can tell by his tone that he means it.

"Pull up the CCTV and alert the guards," I urge, worry coursing through me at the prospect that they could be in danger.

"What do you think I'm doing," He seethes, the panic making him volatile as it often does. He turns him phone over to landscape, holding it tightly as his eyes remain trained on the screen.

After a moment of us waiting in silence he lets out a deep exhale, seemingly becoming slightly less stressed. 

"I'm going to kill this girl," He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "They took off together," He reveals.

"Do you think her being alone with Serena is dangerous?" Tyler asks. "No," I shake my head before Lucian has any time to respond, feeling the need to defend her for some reason.

Lucian scowls at me, letting me know that he disagrees with my statement. "She's done nothing that suggests she's a threat and dad's found nothing on her so far, for all we know she's just an innocent victim in this," I shrug.

Lucian rolls his eyes, sitting down on the sofa as the guards he called start filing in. They line up, their heads slightly bowed in respect as they wait patiently.

"So tell me.. how can my girlfriend walk right off the property without being sighted by any of you?" He asks, hostility lacing his question.

The guards plead their case, swearing up and down that nobody entered the garage and no one was seen walking out of the front gate. Lucian assured them that there will be consequences before ordering each one of them to search the streets for Harper.

"Fucking useless," He mumbles before standing up. "Where are you going?" Miles asks as he walks towards the door.

"To look for her," He scoffs as if he's stating the obvious. "Don't you think you're being a little dramatic," I snort.