Slip up

"How is she?" Harper asks as I meet the group at the hospital's entrance

"Physically she's stable but emotionally I'm not so sure," I sigh, worry lacing my voice. "When can she come home?" Tyler asks.

"This afternoon but she can't do anything strenuous and she'll be back here in a few weeks for treatment," I explain. "If she decides to do it that is."

"What? why wouldn't she?" Miles questions.

"She's not sure," I shrug, having no idea why she wouldn't want to. I'm not stupid, I know it'll be difficult but it's worth it if it means she gets to live.

"Can we see her?" Harper asks anxiously. I look down at my watch, knowing she wanted some time alone to think over her decision.

"Not yet," I shake my head, realising it's only been twenty minutes.

"We can't just leave her alone," Harper protests, pushing past me and heading down the hallway.

"Harper she wants to be alone so she can think," I call out, hurrying to follow her. "She might need someone else's perceptive," She reasons.

I sigh, following her through the halls with the rest of them following behind me. We make it to the door but instead of opening it Harper's hand rests stationary on the doorknob.

"I think she's talking to someone," She whispers, backing away from the door. "We should probably come back later," She adds.

I stay utterly quiet, eavesdropping because the other voice in the room is clearly a man.

"Come on Emilio let's just go," Lucian says, turning to head back down the hallway. I hold my finger up, shushing him.

I can't hear what they're saying but something feels off. Serena's voice is quiet and timid while the male's is intimidating and demanding.

"Emilio," Harper whines as I push through the door, clearly not wanting me to interrupt their conversation.

I don't know how I flew across the room so quickly but all I know is that one second I'm opening the door and the next I'm throwing punches at the man who was cornering Serena, her scared expression etched into my mind.

"Emilio stop!" Harper shouts as I keep delivering blow after blow, my knuckles now raw and red.

Her screaming distracts me and gives the unknown man time to pull himself away from me. He hobbles to his feet, his nose now crooked and bloody.

Serena stays in the position I found her, dazed and shaking with her back pressed firmly to the wall.

"Who the fuck are you!" The man screams, making Serena flinch. "Me? Who the fuck are you?" I repeat with the same level of anger.

"I'm her fiancé," He seethes, blood dripping from his swollen lip.

My eyes drift from him to Serena, her eyes are wide as she shakes her head, silently telling me not to do what she knows I'm going to.