The concert

"Hurry up!" Tyler yells, beeping the horn at Emilio who's currently talking with the guards posted out front

I sit in the back of the large Suv with Miles and Harper, the car's air conditioning sending a chilly breeze up my floral dress.

I wasn't entirely truthful with Emilio, my body is still in quite a lot of pain but at least the nausea has gone away. I wanted to go out because I need a distraction right now, my mind has been too clouded with everything hospital and illness related so I welcome any type of differentiation.

"Took your time," Miles scoffs at Emilio as he climbs in the drivers seat because he made us wait like twenty minutes in this sweltering car.

"Sorry," He scoffs sarcastically. "I was just making sure we had security following us but if you want to take your chances without them be my guest," He snorts, reminding us all that we're still not completely out of danger.

Emilio's dad still hasn't dealt with all the opposing cartels and we still don't know who tried to run us off the road.

"Have you got everything? Water, painkillers?" He asks, looking at me in the rearview mirror as he pulls out the drive.

"Yep," I chirp, patting my tote bag. "Right then, we'll swing by dad's to pick up Lucian," He announces.

The drive is speedy and entertaining, the conversation flowing as Emilio takes us down the narrow roads leading to his father's house.

"Tell him to hurry up the concert starts at two," Tyler complains as we wait for Lucian outside the large mansion. Harper speedily types into her phone, I assume to relay the message.

Lucian eventually comes staggering out, looking tired and disgruntled. "Thank fuck that's over," He mutters, climbing into the back of the car next to Harper.

"What, you didn't have fun?" Emilio teases, reminding me of all the times he told me how doing jobs with his dad was not a pleasant ordeal.

"That man is crazy," Lucian huffs, running a hand through his messy hair. "He had me up at the crack of dawn staking out a building with no one in it," He rolls his eyes.

"Pass me a blunt Tyler," He barks, motioning towards the glove compartment. Tyler reaches over only to have his hand swatted by Emilio.

"None of that with her in the car," He grits, glaring at Tyler before focusing his attention back to the road.

"Emilio it's fine, it'll do no harm," I scold, not wanting to ruin Lucian's fun and quite frankly needing a smoke as well.

"You don't know that," Emilio grunts, still unconvinced.

I glare at him in the mirror, silently reminding him of our conversation. I told him before I started treatment that he wasn't to treat me any differently and he agreed.

"Fine," Emilio grunts.

Tyler reaches into the compartment, pulling out a ziplock bag filled with pre rolled blunts. He takes one for himself before chucking the bag to Lucian.