22.

𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑.

A distressed kai, sat in his car looking at the young women walk into the familiar house. He was sitting outside the house that basically changed his life.

Before he knew soriah how he did now, before his mom got better, and before all this cortez shit started popping back up.

Kai checked his phone, noticing he had only a few minutes before he could make his move.

He knew he was taking a risk by even being here, especially if she did what they saying she did.

Kai threw his head back, before typing in his password and going to his and soriah's text thread.

Kai
I'm sorry. I know you still mad at me but i promise to tell you everything tonight.

He sent the message without any hesitation, he saw the three dots pop up before they went down and he got no reply.

Kai looked back up at the house he was parked outside of, just as he got out of the car making his way up to the front door.

He knocked calmly on the front door before stuffing his cold hands into his puffer jacket.

He stood at the door for only a moment, until mia opened the door with a bright smile on her face.

"I didn't actually think you was going to come" she smiled.

"yea I'm sure you didn't" he mumbled as she stepped aside letting him in.

"uh you and Sophia still roommates huh ?" He asked and she nodded , "she here right now ?" He asked

"Nope, she's working till midnight" Mia answered with a smile.

She never really thought she would be around kai again, let alone being in a room with him by herself since everything happened.

She was definitely happy, happy was probably even an understatement.

"Ole girl at home waiting on you ?" Mia tilted her head causing kai to laugh lowkey under his breath.

"She got a name, and yea she is." He roughly said turning his back towards her.

"Hm of course she is" Mia rolled her eyes. " so why are you here ? We both know you don't break no rules when you in love"

"Break rules huh" he laughed.

"I came over here cause uh. I heard some shit bout you" he turned around with a gun in his hand, making Mia jump a little just because she definitely was caught off guard.

"Kai— what are you doing ?" She took a step back.

"Move again Mia, and i promise I'll blow your fucking brains out i swear" he mumbled but to her everything he said was loud and clear.

"Sit down" he pointed to the couch with his gun.

"Kai please. What the hell is wrong with you" she walked over to the couch, sitting down.

"So how did you come up with all this shit" he turned facing her, only to the spooked look on her face.

"I-I" she stuttered.

"I-I what ? you thought all this shit was gone keep me with you ? You setting cortez up was that a way of you tryna get me to stay with you ?"

"I been thinking and thinking on this shit and ain't nothing making sense. Niggas saying you did it— And i don't even really wanna come to terms with that shit" he said pacing from one side of the room to the other.

"What ? Niggas said i did it.." she spoke lowly to herself before she looked up at kai who she could tell was confused.

"Listen kai. I loved you, i really did. Nobody could ever compare to you. You treated me well and i know i fucked that up" she spoke, while the tears fell her eyes.

"You can get the fuck on with all that sentimental shit"

She sighed, rolling her eyes at him. "But you're oblivious to everything." She shook her head.

Kai slowly looked up at her, confused as to why she felt now was the time she needed to say all this.

"Cortez ? That nigga was never your friend, me ? I was cheating on you for 2 years.. and no i didn't kill him but them niggas that so called said i did it. Them The niggas you need to worry about"

"Not to mention the bitches that's around that girl you apparently love. So if you wanna know what happened then I'll tell you." She wiped her tears.

"I was fucking aj probably 2 years into our relationship. You were distant and i ain't wanna deal with you cheating on me first so i did me. Then teek came along and me and him just started.. fucking as well—"

"Ion wanna hear bout you being no hoe Mia."

"Let me finish." She says looking at him in his low eyes.

"But then they found about each other, kinda how you find out about me and um aj." Shs cleared her throat.

"And instead of them hating each other.. they ended up—" she looked up at him while he finished her sentence.

"Hating me ?" She nodded at him.

"The night cortez got shot, it was supposed to be you. And I promise i didn't know till after kai. I would've never even did something like that to you." She spoke very quickly shuffling in on the small couch.

"Yea but would you do some thing like that to soriah ?" He tilted his head clenching his gun slightly tighter.

"What ?" She tucked her bottom lip in.

"The day I got shot . Was that for her ?" He simply asked.

"No. Amaya wanted her live— i felt otherwise though" Mia shrugged her shoulders.

"Who ? Amaya"

"Yea she came to me as soon as the two of y'all started dating. Didn't know why and didn't care." Mia said.

"Hm. I loved you at one point and It's embarrassing. The funny thing is i don't care if you did this shit or not. I already took care of them niggas, and Amaya ain't even living" kai mumbled.

"You think I'm so oblivious, but i just wanted you to admit all this shit. Figuring out all this  made me realize a lot about you Mia, but i know hell gone take real care of you."

he pointed the gun at the middle of her scull.

"Wait kai— no"

The loud gun off went off with no hesitation.

___

Did y'all ever think kai had it in him ???

kai my lil sweetheart, he got me scared now.

Thoughts on this chapter ?