26.

- Excuse any mistakes.

𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐇 𝐋𝐀'𝐍𝐈𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍
𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦, 𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢

"So what did they exactly ask you" Duke followed Soriah into the kitchen. Soriah rolled her eyes with all his questions.

"Duke I told you they were just asking me stupid shit. Asking me if me and Teek had something going on" Duke jerked his head back.

"See I told you it was stupid." She shrugged before opening up her fridge and grabbing a small Coke.

"And you told them what ?"

"Nigga did you fucking kill Teek like damn," she said and walked past him before he could answer.

Soriah's patience with everyone was getting shorter and shorter, she felt as if she was in the dark about everything and the police speaking to her made everything worse. Everyone could see that she was getting worse and worse, but nobody wanted to tell her the truth.

She walked away so fast, and for a few seconds heard nothing, until heard her door slam shut.

Duke pulled out his phone went to his and Kai's text thread and immediately texted the code word. Just as he did that he saw Soriah walk back downstairs with a hoodie on and tights, along with her usual spend-the-night bag.

"Where are you going ?" Duke asked her in a curious tone.

"Kai's" she simply said and before he could respond she had walked out the front door.

-

"I'm so tired of everyone acting so weird" Soriah mumbled as she fell back on Kai's bed. Kai walked out from his connected bathroom with his toothbrush in his hand and his mouth full of toothpaste.

"whobeingwerid" He spoke but none of made sense considering he was in the middle of brushing his teeth. She tilted her head trying to figure out what he said and once he realized she didn't understand him he went and rinsed his mouth out.

"Who is being weird?" he asked once more, as he laid down on the bed next to her.

"Everybody" she frowned. "but not you of course"Her small frown turned into a bigger smile.

"Okay so tell me who is being weird, so we can figure out why that is" he tilted his head.

"So I went over to Mari's. And the shit she was saying was just strange. She was acting like Amaya didn't care about either one of us. And when I asked her what she meant she was backtracking"

"mm," Kai listened.

"And then I told Duke the police questioned me and he started freaking out like they gone take him to jail—"

"The police did what ?" he sat up from the bed.

"They just asked me questions, about me knowing Teek and my relationship with Amaya" she shrugged.

"The fuck are they asking you shit for," Kai said, if anything he felt like they needed to be speaking to him but he also knew that wasn't ever going to happen.

"See I told you all this shit is weird." Soriah rolled her eyes.

"I'm tired of being here," Soriah said causing Kai to snap his head back at her. "I'm talking abhor Jacksonville. Chill" she laughed.

"Oh right," he mumbled.

"So how about me and you leave?" he randomly said

"nigga we can't run into the damn sunset together. My daddy would kill me" she snapped back causing him to laugh.

"I ain't say we were running away Soriah. I'm saying let's go on a trip, just me and you"

"You wanna take lil ole me on a trip" she fake gasped.

"I'm rethinking my decision right about now—" he said and just as the words left his mouth she slapped the side of his arm mighty hard.

"ow," he mumbled.

"But like you fr? you ain't playing right" she excitedly said.

"Soriah I wouldn't have said it. yes baby I'm serious, damn" he rubbed the side of his arm.

"You got time to make your decision, It's just Tuesday but know if we go we'll leave by Saturday," he said.

He was so busy rubbing his arm that he didn't realize that she had her face buried in her hands.

"Soriah why are you crying," he asked pulling her arm

"All this shit I have been through" She removed her hands to reveal her fake crying.

"Bro shut up" he laughed.

_

Soriah looked down at her phone, as she walked out of her school building. She had to go to some useless class for no reason but the fact that she needed the class to pass.

She looked up from her phone, placing it into her back pocket. She glanced over at kai's truck which she driving only because her car started acting up the morning of.

Just as she got to the truck, she threw her bags in the backseat. She started to get into the front until she heard her last name being called.

"Miss Brown" by the voice she knew exactly who it was.

She turned around and saw Officer Mendez.

"Can y'all  please stop stalking me?"

"You really the only person we can talk to know more about Amaya or Teek. Your friend Mari refused to speak to any of us" Officer Mendez laughed.

"I don't really wanna speak to any of you either. My friend is dead and putting somebody in prison for that shit aint make me feel any better, especially cause y'all don't even know what y'all are looking for" Soriah said.

"Hm. Well can I just ask you one question about you and your boyfriend ?" she said and Soriah nodded her head.

"I'm sure you're going to ask me anyway so go ahead." Soriah rolled her eyes.

"You guys are happy right." Officer Menedez smiled at her.

"Yea, and that's your business why ?" Soriah scrunched her face up.

"You don't think maybe since Teek had a crush on you that Kaire would..."

"If you're asking me what I think you asking. The answer is no." Soriah simply said.

"But in the most respectful way, don't come up to me asking me any more dumb shit" Soriah got in the truck and drove off before the lady could even respond.

Soriah drove home annoyed. That whole conversation had her feeling some type of way and she was hoping that the officers got the message.

MEANWHILE in the backseat of the truck, there was a ring sitting under all Soriah's things, The same exact ring that matched Amaya's.

__

Ima update again today or early tomorrow. Chillll.

I promise this book is ending this week or next. Wanna move onto something better and bigger 😝